Fabricator II: $16.68 - $24.18/hour
Company: White Cap
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Company Overview Previously known as HD Supply - Construction &
Industrial and now know as White Cap Supply Holdings, LLC ("White
Cap"), White Cap is made up of four distinct businesses called
White Cap, Contractors' Warehouse, Brafasco, and most recently
Construction Supply Group. White Cap has over 400 locations across
46 US States and 8 Canadian Provinces. Approximately 7,400
associates provide support for more than 230,000 customers. In
addition to value-add services, White Cap offers a portfolio of
400,000 SKUs that include concrete accessories and chemicals,
engineered materials and fastening systems, steel products, tools
and equipment, building envelope, safety and consumables, and wood
products. Job Description & Qualifications Job Summary Manufacture
customized products that meet customer specifications and prepare
completed orders for shipment. Major Tasks, Responsibilities and
- Uses measurement tools to setup equipment to ensure end
products meet dimensional requirements and quality control
- Oversees work of junior associates. Ensures that all parts are
properly fitted, aligned, and assembled.
- Fabricates geometrically complex components using an array of
equipment and templates. Retrieves correct materials and performs
various fabrication duties.
- Examines work piece visually, by touch, or using tape rule,
calipers, or gauges to ensure product meets desired standards.
Tests products for their functionality by troubleshooting products
to minimize problems or recalls.
- Packages for shipping. Installs protective devices, such as
bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to
items being transported.
- Determines time estimates and provides feed-back with the
intent to reduce fabrication costs.
- Provides input to the development of processes and
tooling/fixture design, and into the selection of equipment.
- Follows company safety policies and procedures and performs
other duties, as assigned. Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises
independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve
desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by
interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves
periodic review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general
guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior
level support personnel. Contributes to employees' professional
development but does not have hiring/firing authority. Work
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in a related area of
responsibility. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 3+ years of related work experience. Experience with
welding tolerances and piping preferred.
- Experience with fabrication shop equipment including bolt
threaders, band saws, and metal cutters. Colorado law requires the
posting of the salary range for advertised jobs. This range is
determined based on market data and internal pay practices to
establish a minimum and maximum value for a job. Individual base
pay is determined based on a variety of elements including
experience, skills, internal equity and other factors. White Cap
provides the following benefits to all permanent associates:
- Medical (with Prescription drug coverage), dental, and vision
- Health care and Dependent Care FSA (as applicable)
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Holiday, Vacation, Personal Time, and Wellness Day
- Paid Sick Time
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance PRID PRID145 Job Locations
US-CO-Denver Posted Date 2 weeks ago (2/11/2021 12:51 PM) Job ID
2020-40938 Business Unit Construction Industrial WC Functional Area
Manufacturing Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time White Cap
is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Denver , Fabricator II: $16.68 - $24.18/hour, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!