Senior Design Build Foundations Estimator- Kiewit Infrastructure Engin
Company: Kiewit Corporation
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Other locations:Englewood, CO, US Requisition ID: 115119 Job
Level: Senior Level Department: Estimating Market: Transportation
Employment Type: Full Time Position Overview Kiewit Infrastructure
Engineering (KIE) District is a multi-faceted and leading-edge
division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused
on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects. KIE has an
immediate opening for a Sr. Design-Build Foundations Estimator in
our growing Design-Build Delivery group. You will be part of our
rapidly growing Infrastructure Design-Build Estimating Department,
which includes management of all pursuit engineering efforts and
estimating for the following disciplines: structural,
geotechnical/foundations, civil, drainage, roadway, MOT, rail, and
materials. District Overview Kiewit Infrastructure Engineerings
Design Build Management team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit
during all stages of design-build projects to manage their
multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs
and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root
causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and
budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients
benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to
minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports
projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences
gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all
projects that we support. Our participation leads to safe, cost
effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations
and further Kiewit's legacy of excellence. On our team, you'll have
the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever
imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a
job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster
than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and
allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North
America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k
plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit,
you're ensuring a lifetime of success. Location This position is
based out of our Englewood, CO office (South Denver area).
- Develop complete foundation estimates for large, complex
- Supervise estimators in the preparation of check estimates for
other work, review estimates prepared by other estimating groups or
JV partners to determine completeness of data used, procedures, and
aid in resolving differences in bid items.
- Review owner plans and specifications to develop a
comprehensive understanding of the project; develop plan for the
actual construction to serve as basis for the estimate.
- Reviews all bid and contract documents and home office legal
- Conduct site investigation prior to forming a plan of
operations to identify any problems or conditions of an unusual
nature that may be present.
- Utilize engineer techniques and procedures to conduct
investigation and adhere to standard company policy and
- Stay abreast of trends and developments, such as new equipment,
methods and procedures that are developing in the industry.
- Consult with owners on various problems discovered during bid
preparation, design, rates, schedules, etc. Qualifications
- Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related
- 15+ years of construction experience with at least 2 years of
experience in estimating on infrastructure projects preferred
- Experience with estimating and delivery of design-build
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience with highway,
heavy civil, and/or concrete structures with a focus on
Foundation/Ground Improvement solutions.
- Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling,
cost control, specifications, and engineering drawings.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g.
Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint).
- Experience with InEight Estimate (HardDollar) preferred.
- Experience with CADD and 3D Modeling software preferred.
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail, oral and written
communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Possess strong analytical/mathematical and computer
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Candidates must possess a strong work ethic.
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize
- Knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and
techniques, construction safety and current Federal & OSHA
- Must be willing to travel as the job requires. #LI-JS2 Base
Compensation: $76,000 - $125,000 (Actual compensation is subject to
variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset,
and/or location) We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion,
national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Kiewit Corporation, Denver , Senior Design Build Foundations Estimator- Kiewit Infrastructure Engin, Professions , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!