Senior Electrical Engineer/Renewables
Company: Tetra Tech
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want
to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech,
you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about
using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in
water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy,
and international development. Our Denver based power group is
seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join the renewable energy
team. This position can be located in any of our office locations
in the US. You will be a key member of a consulting team evaluating
project needs and providing solutions in support of power
generation projects. Your primary responsibilities will include
developing conceptual and detailed designs for power projects as
well as providing technical reviews of major project components and
evaluating electrical designs of electrical systems produced by
others. Our focus is on renewable energy projects but there is
opportunity to work on conventional energy projects as well.
- Apply knowledge of renewable energy systems, including solar
photovoltaic (PV), Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS),
combustion generation, standby power and knowledge of associated
microgrid design principles.
- Apply knowledge of one-line drawings, wiring diagrams, and
- Apply knowledge of power systems ranging from 480V to 35kV
distribution and transmission systems.
- Routinely interact with clients
- Engages in the development of a design through sketches,
electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various electrical phases
including site plans, floor plans, diagrams, and details.
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the project
specifications with construction documents.
- Develops project scope, budgets, and design approach for all
- Assists with the development of proposal.
- Develop conceptual and detailed designs for new generating
stations (wind, solar, bio fuels, and conventional).
- Review the electrical system design produced by others
- Perform electrical equipment reviews including individual
components, control systems, and system architectures.
- Perform pre-construction reviews, construction monitoring, and
completion reviews from the office and on-site.
- Review generating station interconnection to the grid.
- Provide technical support in writing proposals and play a key
role in go no-go decision making on new electrical focused
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering with a focus on
- 10+ years of experience working in electrical design related
areas including electrical design of energy projects, and
electronic component technology development and analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of current electrical designs
including appropriate codes and best practices; grounding methods
and construction practices; control systems
- Demonstrated understanding of interconnection agreements.
- Professional Engineer's license and willingness to get
licensing in multiple states.
- Working knowledge of ETAP and SKM software, including utility
modeling conducting load flow analysis, arc fault and coordination
studies. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in energy storage applications
- Experience in renewables (wind, solar, bio)
- Experience with utility scale solar generation design,
construction, operation, and/or development. About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and
engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the
resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local,
client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the
world. We are Leading with Science-- to provide sustainable and
resilient solutions for our clients. At Tetra Tech, we provide a
collaborative environment that supports individual performance,
innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive
compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting
http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits. For more information on our
company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com, follow us
on Twitter (@TetraTech or like us on Facebook. To apply, please
submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our
website at www.tetratech.com/careers. We thank all applicants for
their interest; however only those selected for an interview will
be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse
environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We
invite resumes from all interested parties including women,
minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Tetra Tech is a
VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of
veterans for available positions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No
calls or agencies Additional Information
- Organization: 194 CES My Profile Create and manage profiles for
Keywords: Tetra Tech, Denver , Senior Electrical Engineer/Renewables, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!