Company: Mill Creek Residentia
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Mill Creek
Residential Trust. When creating a profile and submitting your
application, we will collect the following categories of personal
information: direct identifiers, such as your name and contact
information; professional information, such as your previous
employment and education background; and other information you
include in your resume and cover letter, such as your preferences,
skills and abilities. We also may collect information from your
social media profile if you create a profile using one of your
social media accounts. We use each category of the information you
provide to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply
to and other job openings at Mill Creek Residential Trust that we
think may interest you. We may also evaluate your information using
internal and third party business analytics tools and algorithms to
discover ways to improve our business, identify trends in our job
applicants and workforce, and enhance our service offerings. For
more information about how we use your information, please visit
our Privacy Notice. Welcome to Mill Creek! We're glad you're here!
At Mill Creek Residential, we believe that every associate is
imperative to the success of our organization. We believe in
embracing our core values and in the power of People, Places and
Relationships. Additional Job DescriptionAt MCRT a Pre-Construction
Manager participates in and provides oversight of the planning
design and construction document phases of a variety of multifamily
residential projects. The Pre-Construction Manager reports to the
Director of Pre-Construction and the Vice President and President
of Construction. The Pre-Construction Manager will be expected to
offer input as well as real-time feedback as to the design
efficiencies and cost implications related to choices and options
in the design of the project, and in the selection of appropriate
product type, materials, assemblies, systems and finishes. The
position will participate and oversee the preparation and updating
of schedules for the issuance of construction cost estimates, the
preparation of the construction documents, the issuance of sight
logistics and the construction of the project. This position is
also responsible for participating in providing both conceptual and
detailed construction cost estimates and budgets.--Essential
- Participates in and takes a leadership role during the design
and construction document phases of the project in an effort to
reduce construction costs through design efficiencies and value
- Collaborates with architects, engineers and other design and
third party consultants in the preparation and review of contract
documents including landscape architects and interim designs.
- Communicates with Construction President, Vice President,
Director of Pre-Construction and Project Managers on project
design, pricing models, forecasting, trends and issues.
- Keeps abreast of new construction technologies and products in
- Leads the constructability review and redlines of plans and
specifications at designated design milestones.
- Develops RFP for design-build subcontractors and leads the
coordination meetings for these subcontractors during the design
- Assists Project Managers by providing data and support needed
in the underwriting and reporting of project updates and
- Oversees and manages other staff who have been assigned to
pre-construction efforts. Responsible for participating in the
recruitment of other personnel needed to execute the
Pre-Construction tasks and responsibilities.
- Maintenance of certain appropriate historical data and records
of past projects.
- Collaborates with the project cost estimating group in assuring
design efficiencies, design build elements/scopes, cost control,
quality of construction and value engineering.
- Development and updating of pricing models which are used in
establishing costs in the underwriting of new projects.
- Participates in and coordinates the project cost estimating
process with project staff.
- Ability to provide both conceptual estimates of cost and
detailed line item budgeting for projects in varying stages of
design and development.
- Ability to estimate and forecast time periods required in the
construction of projects.
- Preparation and Distribution of bid packages, review, spreading
and comparison of bid proposals and conducting interviews of
potential subcontractors and vendors.
- Maintains pricing data necessary in meeting prescribed
procedures and practices unique to certain local inspecting
- Establishes relationships with material suppliers,
subcontractors and other construction pre-con managers and
estimators in the local market and performs necessary and
continuous market research on costing and pricing trends affecting
the industry. Provides periodic updates on local market costs.
- All other duties as assigned.Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, architecture,
civil engineering or related business study preferred with five
years of experience in the preconstruction and estimating of high
density residential and mixed use projects..
- 7 years of overall experience with at least 3 years of
experience in a supervisory role in project preconstruction and
estimating of high density residential and mixed use projects will
be accepted in lieu of Bachelor's degreeAbout the Benefits of
joining the Mill Creek Team
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- Employer sponsored short and long term disability, Life and ADD
- 401k with employer matching
- Paid time off benefits: Vacation, Sick, HolidaysMill Creek is
an Equal Opportunity Employer Are you ready to contribute to the
success of Mill Creek Residential? If so, apply today and become
part of an organization that believes in uncompromising integrity,
celebrating successes, continuous improvement, and working hard,
smart and together! Posted 3 Days Ago Full time R2432 About Us Mill
Creek Residential is a national multifamily company focused on the
development, acquisition and operation of apartment communities in
many of the nation's most desirable markets. Active in 26 markets
coast-to-coast and representing nearly 25,000 apartment homes,
we've earned a reputation for hiring the best in the business -
experts who live in our chosen markets. Our growth since our
founding in 2011 is nothing short of remarkable - a direct
reflection of our team's contributions.
Keywords: Mill Creek Residentia, Denver , Pre-Construction Manager, Professions , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!