Actuarial Technician I
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Actuarial
Technician I position will be located in the following USAA office
locations: San Antonio Home Office I, San Antonio WestRidge South,
Colorado Springs Campus, Phoenix Campus (Main), Tampa Campus or
Crosstown, or will be available to work remotely (100% Remote Work
Supports actuarial and loss reserving work through one or more of
the following activities: data manipulation, validation, and
analysis, system functionality oversight and integration, auditor
interaction, and/or actuarial process and system improvements.
Independently performs moderately complex to complex work
assignments and problem resolution.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA
knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security
of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This
singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at
every level.In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we've ranked among
Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years
straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage
veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17 seconds) (31 seconds)JOB
- Acquires and applies proficient knowledge of the business, its
applications and processes.
- Interprets, reconciles, manipulates, and validates data from
various sources using actuarial and accounting data sources.
- Resolves issues and navigates obstacles to deliver work
- Performs system testing, validation, and research to ensure
data accuracy and credibility.
- Identifies opportunities for automation to increase the
productivity and accuracy of reports and to ensure data
- Executes and may lead process improvement initiatives.
- Guides the implementation of solutions.
- May prepare reserve estimates and interface with external
- May conduct pricing and/or loss valuation reviews and provide
analytical and research support to operational and loss reserve
- Bachelor s Degree OR4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 4 or more years relevant business and/or general analysis
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Proficient knowledge of relevant data analysis tools
- Proficient knowledge of relevant data extraction tools
- Proficient knowledge of relevant industry data sources
- Proficient knowledge of statistics and mathematics.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be
required.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5
minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Industry experience in rating/rate management
- Understanding of Property & Casualty Insurance and how
- Critical thinking/analytical mindset (experience with workforce
planning/forecasting/ creating and managing timelines/Insurance
Professionals/Insurance Sales and Services, etc.)
- Process improvement experience including automation
- Daily use of VBA, SQL, SAS, etc.
- Initiative and attention to detailThe above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement) or must have manager s approval prior to posting.Last
day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/14/20 by
11:59 pm CST time. Associated topics: actuarial analyst, actuarial
director, actuary, actuary consultant, assistant actuary, cost,
director actuary, model, risk, statistics
Keywords: USAA, Denver , Actuarial Technician I, Professions , Monument, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!