Systems Engineer / Aerospace
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Systems Engineer / Aerospace
Denver, CO USA
TS Secret Clearance Required
Paid Relocation Available
Own fault management concept, development, test, and
training/operations activities from program onset to delivery.
- Provide systems engineering leadership to develop spacecraft
and/or mission-level fault management design
- Understand mission-level priorities and risk posture to inform
fault management implementation
- Develop a working knowledge of all vehicles subsystems
- Lead teams of subject matter experts to solve unique design
challenges related spacecraft health and safety
- Understand failure modes and effects for vehicle subsystems and
- Establish responses to maintain vehicle safety should a failure
- Tailor and implement existing fault containment strategies
based on program needs and requirements.
- Clearly and thoroughly document the fault management approach
in Systems Engineering Reports.
- Represent program with internal and external customers as the
fault management expert. Includes technical exchange meetings,
presenting at formal and informal reviews, etc.
- Lead team effort to develop test plans, procedures, and
scripts, and execute test campaigns to verify fault management
- Gain a detailed and architecture-level understanding of the
spacecraft and/or mission system through creation & implementation
of the fault management design
- Active member of vehicle systems engineering team, involved in
vehicle-level design, requirements verification, integration and
test and mission operations activities
- Collaborative member of fault management section, contributing
to internal peer reviews, development of common philosophies and
approaches, training and mentoring activities
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What Youll Need
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or a related
technical field is required, plus 8 or more years related
experience in either space vehicle systems, space vehicle
operations or space vehicle test.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Masters Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Current TS/SCI security clearance ?Demonstrated desire and
ability to learn new technical areas
- Capability to think critically at all mission levels;
architecture-level impacts of design decisions down to
- Flexibility to manage differing technical opinions, evolving
customer needs, challenging budgets and schedules, and limited
- ?Collaborative, team-oriented approach to problem
- Effective in small team environment with broad responsibilities
and minimal oversight.
Subject matter expertise in one or more subsystems, full life cycle
experience (concept, test, operations).
Keywords: Job Juncture, Denver , Systems Engineer / Aerospace, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!