Company: Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Residential Programs
and Services, in the Intensive Services Network, the Residential
Counselor will provide direct care to the consumers in the program,
communicate concerns of care with treatment team, support clients
treatment goal progress, and will be responsible for the
upkeep/maintenance of the facility.
* Facilitate treatment and provide structured living environment to
* Supervise daily routine, events, activities.
* Assist with Activities of Daily Living as indicated for each
* Initiate and encourage family participation in the treatment
* Develop, in collaboration with client and case manager, a weekly
schedule of activities, and monitor progress on treatment
* Monitor passes, house restrictions and consequences of individual
client behavior, and communicate decisions to peers and
* Collaboration with the case manager/therapist for service
* Monitor medications and track MARs (medication Administration
Records) to ensure accurate delivery/documentation.
* Maintain residential charts and update as necessary, according to
Center and Dept. of Health requirements.
* Order and maintain supplies as needed.
* Submit all documentation per Center requirements and
* Participate in supervision and team meetings.
* Maintain effective interpersonal relationships with all
consumers, teammates, supervisors and community members.
* Respond to consumer needs in timely manner.
* Cross-training with other Center residential programs for
* Assist clients in meal preparation, cleaning, laundry, yard work,
personal care duties, in an effort to support development of
independent living skills.
* Provide protective oversight to ensure safety of clients and
facility at all times.
* Schedule/participate in safety/fire drills and document in log
* Communicate all concerns in an appropriate/timely manner to
* Develop and maintain relationships with neighbors in the
* Utilize de-escalation techniques when client is in crisis, and
intervene appropriately when necessary, coordination with case
managers, supervisors, Access/Emergency department and community
emergency responders when client requires a higher level of care or
* Maintain facility according to Dept. of Health guidelines for
safety, documentation, protective oversight and fire safety
Other Duties (Professional
Growth/Development/Community/Relationships & Productivity
* Attend mandatory in-services, compliance with individualized
training plan as required.
* Attend supervision at times and intervals agreed upon with
* Participate in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda.
Report high risk/problem cases, and utilize a problem solving
* Use language and behavior to promote dignity/respect with
consumers, Center staff and external customers.
* Continually strive for self-improvement and remain motivated to
learn new skills to benefit consumer and Center.
* Submit 90% of all Progress-to-Date forms within 3 working days
* Complete 95% of all paperwork by the due date.
* Ensure that fee collections meet the team goal as determined by
* Exhibit enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and
spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
* Maintain effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers,
subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general
* Effectively respond to client/consumer needs and problems,
initiate and maintain positive interactions, timely response to
phone calls, pages, email, etc.
* Demonstrates cultural competency/awareness/skills in working with
diverse caseload and utilizes Center resources/trainings as
* Work cooperatively with other community agencies, as appropriate,
and in agreement with supervisor.
* Volunteer to work on Center committees or community projects
* Knowledge of trauma informed care and practices or willingness to
obtain training/education on this.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the
* High School diploma/GED required. Bachelor's Degree preferred,
with one to two years related experience.
* Bi-lingual preferred but not required.
* Colorado Drivers License and Current Motor Vehicle Report
* Obtain QMAP (Qualified Medication Administration Person)
certificate within 30 days of hire.
Keywords: Jefferson Center for Mental Health, Denver , Residential Counselor, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!