Student Success Advisor
Posted on: July 14, 2019
What We're Looking For
2U has launched high quality and innovative Masters programs
delivered online. The mission of these programs is to deliver
highly desired advanced professionals, with a high level education
and moral grounding, to organizations across the country.
The Student Success Advisor is responsible for managing student
attrition through providing proactive, reactive, comprehensive and
exceptional customer service. This position is the critical first
line of defense in executing 2U's expected white glove service
level for its students, graduates and faculty.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
The Student Support Advisor will be assigned a group of enrolled
students and is expected to facilitate every need of those students
including but not limited to the following:
- Manage student retention through providing proactive, reactive,
comprehensive and exceptional customer service. This position is
critical in executing 2U's expected white glove service level for
its students and faculty.
- Assisting in student on-boarding to include online orientation,
registration and live training, as well as conducting Welcome Calls
with students immediately upon enrollment.
- Troubleshooting student support issues and coordinate solutions
in accordance with all university policies, to include basic
technical issues in the LMS
- Analyze program and student data to estimate credit pacing, raw
credit productions including intuitive reasoning to forecast
- Problem solve when faced with critical situations and determine
when escalation is required.
- Accountable for student retention and credit goals. Implement
strategies as directed to positively impact key metrics (i.e.:
graduation rates, student satisfaction, student retention goals,
and credit generation).
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms to
University stakeholders, students and internally. Internally
provide regular scheduled communications and program deliverables.
Provides assessment of critical situations and determines when
escalation is required. Identify and refer students to University
Academic Advising for additional support
Things That Should Be in Your Background
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in a service-oriented,
customer support or related field
- Strong customer service background required. Previous
experience providing exceptional customer service in a collegiate
or university environment is a strong plus
- Familiarity with online learning technology a plus
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word,
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role
- Familiarity with using technology in an educational
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to communicate in a courteous, personal, tactful, and
- Strong student-centered, customer service focus; commitment to
student and faculty satisfaction and success
- Ideal candidate has a passion for building and maintaining
relationships with their team and the students
- Flexibility to work scheduled evening or weekend hours, 2-3
times a week, to support students during peak evening and weekend
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
Eliminating the back row in higher education is not just a
metaphor-it's our mission. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a
global leader in education technology, has been a trusted partner
and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and
support more than 250 digital and in-person educational offerings,
including graduate degrees, professional certificates,
Trilogy-powered boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Together
with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more
than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. To learn more, visit
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that
embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races,
cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities
of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every
employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as
well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It's Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that's both challenging
and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social
places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with
snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your
vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New
Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All
employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal
responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate
against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment
opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age,
marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans'
status, or any other classifications protected by applicable
federal, state or local laws. 2U's equal opportunity policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not
limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits,
pay and dismissal.
Keywords: 2U, Denver , Student Success Advisor, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!