School Based Clinician - Everitt Middle School
Company: Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Clinician will provide therapeutic interventions to include
individual, family, group therapy and clinical case management with
school based clients.
Clinicians will consult and build collaborative relationships with
the community, school district staff, Jefferson Center staff and
* Will work within school district policy.
* Will seek or give peer support or mentoring as needed.
* Will collaborate with all parties essential to consumer welfare
including but not limited to the school district, child welfare
system, juvenile justice system, school based health centers,
families and other community resources.
* Will do community outreach 1 x year.
* Will exhibit enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility and
spirit of cooperation in work environment.
* Will maintain effective interpersonal relationships with
consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the
Clinicians are committed to furthering their professional knowledge
* Will utilize peer support.
* Will attend clinical trainings.
* Will keep up with current trends and changes in the field.
* Will review challenging cases with peers and supervisors.
* Will participate in supervision by coming prepared and attending
at times and intervals agreed upon with supervisor at least 2 x a
Clinicians will provide direct service, crisis intervention and
case management as appropriated.
* Will provide individual, family and group therapy during regular
school hours and before or after school as needed for families.
* Will refer/link families to other Jefferson Center programs as
* Will refer families to outside agencies as needed.
* Will make Social Service reports and fill out appropriate
* Will plan and implement affective education classroom groups as
determined by manager.
* Will attend Jefferson Center doctor appointments as needed.
* Will engage consumer and family in the treatment process and
goal-setting. Will identify risk factors including lethality. Will
work constructively with consumer to reach agreed upon outcomes,
and coordinate care with internal and external providers. Will
maintain appropriate professional standards and provide appropriate
follow-up for consumers.
* Will effectively respond to consumer concerns and problems. Will
initiate and maintain positive interactions. Will respond to phone
calls, email and other requests in a timely manner.
* Will provide trauma informed treatment as needed and create a
trauma sensitive clinical environment.
Clinicians will perform administrative duties as required by
Jefferson Center in a timely manner.
* Will meet required productivity hours.
* Will complete 95% of all paperwork by due date.
* Will complete 90% of Progress Summary notes within 3 days.
* Will attend team meetings.
* Will participate at summer programming if working in June.
* Will do contact notes on un-enrolled Medicaid consumers in
* Will complete on-line training.
* Will attend mandatory in-services.
* Will report high risk cases to supervisor.
CAC II/ CAC III DUTIES
* Will participate in the Centers' CAC meetings and related
* Will participate in monthly CAC clinical supervision (individual
* Will provide CAC supervision to Center staff (CAC III's only) to
assist in the development of knowledge and skills in providing
* Complete substance use screening, assessments and related
Clinician chooses to initiate or participate in additional
activities that fulfill a professional passion.
* May do extra duties associated with June programming like plan
lessons, run errands, organize schools.
* Going beyond expectations to assist consumers in meeting their
* Utilize interns.
* Attending parent /teacher conferences.
* Attending back to school nights or other school functions.
* Attending school district staff meetings.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the
* Master's Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or related
field; or unlicensed doctoral candidate, or LCSW, LPC, LMFT , or
* Equivalent combination of education and experience may also be
* Bilingual (Spanish) and CAC preferred.
Keywords: Jefferson Center for Mental Health, Denver , School Based Clinician - Everitt Middle School, Other , Lakewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!