Survey Party Chief
Company: Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Overview Under direction, coordinates the activities of a field
survey party; performs the most technically complex
paraprofessional field surveying duties to support Machine Control
Paving, including profilographing, and construction staking and
performs other duties as required on heavy highway projects. Is
responsible for the effective performance, training, and safety of
all members of a field survey party. Prepares project status
reports and works to ensure plans adhere to contract
specifications. Actively participates in and provides input for the
evaluation of personnel involved with their projects. Must be
willing to work solo, nights, weekends, and be willing to
travel.Responsibilities **This position could have the new hire
working on their own or overseeing a survey crew - the
responsibilities could change depending on the assignment. ** The
hours (40-70+ hours a week) will be long and the ideal candidate
needs to be willing to work at least 6 days a week during the
summer months (peak construction season).
- Acts as party chief for a field survey crew engaged in making
plane and/or geodetic surveys for construction, topographic,
right-of-way, and control survey projects.
- Participates in pre-survey planning meetings with project
managers, resident engineers, and contractor representatives.
- Assigns and monitors work, and provides input for evaluation of
members of field survey crew.
- Instructs and trains survey crew in survey and mapping methods,
use of equipment, and field safety procedures.
- Gathers field survey data through use of conventional and
Global Positioning System (GPS) methods.
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates surveying equipment, including
electronic total station, data collector, and GPS equipment, in
order to measure distances, elevations, and angles.
- Prepares field notes and drawings; and performs field surveying
for roadway, bridges, and flood control projects, including
installing surveying construction stakes, tying out existing
intersection ties, and locating or establishing vertical and
horizontal control, right of way, monuments, corners, boundaries,
and property lines.
- Performs complex surveying calculations using engineering
calculator, laptop computer, personal computer, and graphics and
coordinate geometry (Cogo) software, such as AutoCad-Softdesk,
Trimble Business Center.
- Prepares finished grade sheets, topographic maps, records of
survey, corner records, and other survey reports.
- Maintains field data records, survey project files, and
- Ensure compliance with contract specifications.
- Represents Company in project meetings, client meetings,
- Proactively upholds all safety polices and standards.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to
the success of the project.
- Maintains strict adherence to Company policies and
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as directed. Qualifications
- 2-3 years of paraprofessional survey construction experience,
including at least one year as a Senior level party chief.
- Knowledge of field's concepts, practices, and procedures
associated with surveying.
- Proven track record of relying on extensive experience and
judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to read, (in English) analyze and respond to technical
journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Strong survey skills with ability to prioritize and manage
multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- MUST be willing to work solo, nights, weekends, and be willing
to travel. Benefits / Pay
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401k retirement plan + 5% company matching
- Health Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth and Advancement
- Life Insurance
- Great company culture and parties
Keywords: Ralph L. Wadsworth Construction, Denver , Survey Party Chief, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!