Controls Intelligent Buildings Specialist
Company: Haynes Mechanical Systems Inc
Posted on: July 13, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision, Controls Intelligent
Building Specialist is responsiblefor programming, commissioning,
and troubleshooting Building Control systems
per plans and specifications, design build criteria and use of his
extensive experience of building automations system control.
Emphasis is on the creation of the lowest total installed
cost-effective system that meets customer expectations. Provides
to communicate design to customers, HMS field installation team
subcontractors. Serves as the technical
resource for installation team. Takes on
additional responsibility to review existing control systems
consisting of legacy
systems to determine feasibility and if a system can be integrated
N4, AX, & Advanced N4/AX certified with 10+ years related
(additional certifications helpful).
using, reading and understanding building analytics.
- Knowledge of the
HVAC industry or construction industry with focus on heating and
air conditioning systems.
- Proficient in
all DDC system programming of all control systems and
- Experience of
integrating legacy control systems (i.e. Trane, JCI, Barber Colman,
- Effective interpersonal and leadership
skills to properly represent Haynes Mechanical Systems to customers
- Must possess a valid driver's license
and maintain an insurable driving record as required by the
- Possess leadership skills to lead and
mentor other project technicians.
- Must have the highest degree of
- Performing maintenance on BAS systems
required and performing service calls essential to the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Accountable to field teams for quality, timeliness and
efficiency of designs: participates in engineering release meeting
with project field team.
- Responsible for total system operation, not limited to building
automations but mechanical as well.
- Troubleshoots system problems, works with subcontractors and
other trades to ensure proper operation.
- Performs static (standalone) and dynamic (total building
interactive network) software programming independently.
- Configures operator workstations and all required
- Calibrates systems requiring basic electronic test equipment,
such as multi-meters, network terminals and/or a lap top
- Communicates with Haynes Mechanical System's project management
and/or customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site and
keeps customer informed on progress.
- Reviews customer's systems and, if needed, points out other
areas of improvement and keeps management apprised of customer
concerns and issues.
- Ensures all required commissioning documentation and provides
accurate information for as-builts documentation.
- Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the total
system and assists with turnover to service.
- Communicates effectively with the general or mechanical
contractor, consultants, architect engineers and other
sub-contractors as required.
- Adheres to safety standards and has a high degree of regard to
employee and subcontractor safety.
- Conducts self-study to improve technical proficiency (software
/ hardware) in company's product lines.
- Will be available for product training and may require travel
to vendor locations for such training.
- Ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical
- Previous experience with computer-aided design; Auto Cad,
Visio, Microsoft products, and strong PC skills required.
- Other job duties may be assigned that are not set forth in this
job description.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:The physical
demands and work environment characteristics described here are
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
functions of this job.
- Able to lift 75 lbs from floor to
waist with possible repetition
- Able to lift 50 lbs from shoulder to
- Able to work with both arms above head
for minimum of 5 minutes
- Able to carry 50 lbs for a distance of
- Able to push or pull 125 for a
distance of 150 feet
- Able to climb stairs and ladders
- Able to carry 30 lbs while climbing
stairs or a ladder
- Able to grip and operate hand tools,
powers tools and safety equipment, such as chain falls
- Able to lift legs and step over
obstacles up to 19 inches above the ground
- Able to perform work while in varying
physical positions, such as lying on side, in a kneeling position,
standing on a ladder
- Able to access rooftop units and work
at heights and in some cases tight or enclosed spaces
- Able to wear a respirator if conditions
require; may have exposure to potentially harmful chemicals or
- Able to crawl for a distance of 25
- Able to stoop, squat or kneel for up
to 10 minutes at a timeVision:
- Correctable to 20/20 with no color
- Correctable to normal range
Keyword: Intelligent Buildings Specialist
From: Haynes Mechanical Systems Inc
Keywords: Haynes Mechanical Systems Inc, Denver , Controls Intelligent Buildings Specialist, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!