School Based Prevention Specialist
Company: Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Posted on: July 12, 2019
Clinician will provide affective, preventative education in school
district setting and provide information about referring clients to
* Plan and implement psycho-educational classes in assigned
schools. The expectation is that at least 7-8 classes are taught
per school day and that 5 schools are served per week.
* Will be a liaison for each school for children and families
requesting services at Jefferson Center.
* Work collaboratively with school administration and teachers to
provide affective education and consultation, while working within
school district policy.
* Submit 95% of all prevention notes within 30 days.
* Enter all classroom attendees that are un-enrolled into Avatar to
the community contact status within 30 days.
* Attends mandatory in-services, compliance with individualized
training plan if required.
* Participates in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda.
Reports high risk situations.
* Meet 2 times a month for team meetings. As needed, for individual
* Exhibits enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and
spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
* Maintains effective interpersonal relations with consumers,
peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general
* Effectively responds to client/consumer needs and problems,
initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to
phone calls, email and other requests.
* Meet two times a year with Principals to discuss
* Attend one school function per school, per semester for the
purpose of promoting integration in the community.
* Administer surveys to youth and Principals and other
* Works cooperatively with other community agencies, as
appropriate, and in agreement with supervisor.
* Promote a trauma informed atmosphere in every school, with every
classroom and with every student.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the
Master's Degree in Counseling, Psychology, or related field; or
LPC, LCSW, LMFT, or comparable license; Equivalent combination of
education and experience may also be substituted. Knowledge of the
educational system, CASEL's model of social, emotional learning and
experience with classroom management preferred.
Keywords: Jefferson Center for Mental Health, Denver , School Based Prevention Specialist, Other , Lakewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!