Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Company: Swisslog Healthcare
Posted on: June 21, 2019
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist is responsible for supporting the
development and execution of best practice strategic sourcing for
Swisslog HCS North America. This position specializes in
implementing sources of supply, strategic supplier support and
drives cost saving initiatives. In addition, this position will
manage long-term contracts to ensure that commercial obligations
are met with the best service and quality. This role works directly
with internal customers to guide and influence business
- Responsible for managing strategic supplier source
identification, Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Request for
Purchase (RFP) preparation process, supplier performance
evaluation, and negotiations
- Evaluate and recommend strategic suppliers to insure
performance that meets corporate expectations for quality, service,
cost and delivery and support engineering R&D
- Implement sourcing methodology including: supplier performance
management, negotiation practices, risk management, TCO, and level
- Propose strategic contracts
- Manage strategic agreements to maximize the terms and
conditions negotiated in these agreements and monitor contract
- Develop technical understanding of strategic products
purchased; perform cost analysis and develops supply sources
- Continually benchmark strategic commodities marketplace to
assess/understand new solutions to be developed and remain up to
date on the relevant industry trends, capabilities of new entrants,
category cost drivers and pricing trends - i.e. continually develop
sourcing strategies to drive sustained savings and meet compliance
targets, and to improve or enhance service delivery, including
hedging to minimize market pressures, and other activities.
- Minimum 7 years supply chain experience with 2 years strategic
sourcing experience in a high-technology manufacturing
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Engineering, Supply Chain,
Business Administration, Economics, or equivalent required.
- Experience with personal computers, MS Office: Excel/
PowerPoint/ Word / Project are required.
- Creative and strategic thinker possessing strong problem
solving skills, with proven influencing skills.
- Must be proactive, exhibit continuous improvement mindset, and
an ability to affect change. Able to work comfortably with all
levels of the organization.
- Must have very strong written and verbal communication as well
as negotiation and analytical skills. Ability to effectively manage
- A background using Ariba or other E- Sourcing Tools. SAP
- Project Management experience a plus.
- ISM and/or APICS membership
- CPSM, CPIM, CSCP or equivalent professional certification
- Master's Degree
Swisslog offers challenging work in a globally networked
environment as well as competitive base salary, comprehensive
benefits including health/dental and an above-market 401K!
United efforts of our employees represent the basis for developing
and delivering the best solutions for our customers!
OUR SOLUTIONS DELIVER RESULTS. OUR EMPLOYEES DELIVER SOLUTIONS.
Swisslog is an EEO Employer,
Swisslog's FMLA policy can be found at:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation
to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require
reasonable accommodation to complete the application or to perform
your job, please contact Human Resources at
Sr. Corporate Recruiter
Keywords: Swisslog Healthcare, Denver , Strategic Sourcing Specialist, Other , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!