Head of Product
Company: Derive Systems
Posted on: June 19, 2019
At Derive, we believe that our team is our greatest asset in
achieving our future success. We are looking for a visionary
technical and cultural leader to champion innovation and product
development for our core consumer business. That means we are
looking for an experienced and rising star who can inspire,
execute, participate and empower. The role offers great autonomy,
career growth and the ability to design products that ship
globally, impact lives and bring incredible value to the world.
Today, Derive comprises around 180 talented team members across 3
locations: Idaho, Colorado and Florida. We have been developing
automotive technology for almost 20 years, and in recent years have
experienced explosive growth as our solutions have expanded to more
market segments and been received with incredible enthusiasm by new
and existing customers alike.
This Head of Product position is a senior leadership role at
Derive, with responsibility for product definition and development
across all consumer products, where a rapidly growing customer base
and exciting engineering capability pave the way for a skilled,
visionary leader to have great impact globally.
Technical proficiency will be a great asset in this role,
especially the ability to speak with confidence and authority on
the design and development of connected, consumer electronic
products from hardware, through firmware, to cloud.
This role is a career-making opportunity to imprint a disruptive
vision on the fast-evolving, trillion-dollar automotive industry
with world-first products that you shape and own directly. Derive
has an elite engineering team with backgrounds from the world's top
consumer, automotive and enterprise technology companies, and as
such, the Head of Product will need to be both at the top of their
game and energized at the idea of driving such a high-performance
- Lead the definition and prioritization of flagship products and
key features for Derive's consumer division.
- Research and interpret customer feedback, extrapolating their
inputs and our capabilities to an exciting product future, growing
our leadership in the automotive technology industry
- Design, test, define and plan future product roadmaps, with the
support of Derive's Project Management team and technical
- Demonstrate an organized, methodical and pragmatic approach to
execution planning across resources, time, features and cost.
- Apply your full stack experience to deliver on that plan
through project management methodologies applied across a
- Communicate, receive feedback, and regularly interact with
Derive's executive team and key customers as a representative of
- Be a strong cultural leader internally, and an ambassador for
Derive's vision and mission externally
- Personal passion for product design, execution, and customer
experience, with abundant professional experience demonstrating
examples of success in each area.
- Bachelor's Degree or above (relevant engineering discipline
- Prior roles as leader responsible for product definition,
development, launch and scale.
- 10+ years of engineering and/or product ownership
- Expert proficiency in project management practices, with
extensive experience and examples in various multi-disciplinary
- IQ+EQ: an eagerness to teach as well as learn, and a
demonstrated ability to help scale a fast-growing technology
company around a successful product portfolio, driven by strong
- Product ownership experience in the consumer electronics
industry, with examples of leading the design, development, launch
and scale of high quality products.
- Relevant certifications in project or product management.
- Full-stack system architecture knowledge: hardware, firmware,
wireless communications, mobile apps, desktop apps and cloud.
- Expertise and/or a personal passion in automotive technology
Keywords: Derive Systems, Denver , Head of Product, Other , Broomfield, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!