Bilingual Front Desk - Denver
Company: Clinica Family Health
Posted on: June 15, 2019
*Must be bilingual in Spanish and English*This job exists to: The
purpose of this position is to have a staff member who is fully
cross trained in all aspects of administrative support of the
providers resulting in a smooth running pod team. This job exists
to provide the pro-active front office support of the medical team
in creating a great customer experience for the patient.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge and understanding of patient payer terminology,
eligibility, and insurances accepted, to include Medicare,
Medicaid, Commercial, and clinic specific programs.
- Skilled at receiving and processing collection of payment and
proper cash handling procedure
- Quality scheduling to include active-schedule management and
maintaining the clinic schedule
- Excellent customer service, cultural sensitivity, and
- Follow appropriate telephone protocol for patients and
- Initiate, update and maintain electronic medical record
- Responsible for patient-related data collection for process and
- Actively enrolls and engages patients with My Clinica
- Responds to patients questions by following and informing of
our policies and procedures
- In coordination with the security guard or hospitality clerk,
actively monitor lobby area for, security, safety concerns, and
- Distribution of all clinic deliveries
- First line of de-escalation when handling volatile, emotional,
and behavioral patient issues
- Report signs of abuse/neglect of patients or staff members to a
clinic manager immediately
- Completes patient registration in EMR and updates with any
changes in patient status.
- Updates patients of current wait time, when necessary
- Support the Clinical team with all administrative, planned care
- Maintains visitor check-in process
- Responsible for all"normal lab" phone calls to patients
- Assists patients in filling out registration forms
- Performs daily outreach from the care planner alert report and
other outreach efforts as directed
- Manages all outgoing correspondents via mail, email, and fax
for the clinic
- Confirms appointments via phone call to patients
- Participation in organization, site workgroups, or committees
- Basic understanding of financial enrollment and refers when
- Receiving dropped off labs and basic knowledge of specimen
handling and storage
- Reads data, corrects errors, and reports inefficienciesOTHER
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a safe work environment by remaining informed of and
compliant with the clinic's safety policies, and in particular by
application of safe practices in area of own responsibility.
- Knowledgeable of and compliant with laws and regulations
governing area of responsibility.
- Responsible for reporting any potentially non-compliant
- Cooperate fully with our Compliance Officer in upholding our
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Assure that front desk equipment: fax, copier are properly
- POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:A. Education / Experience
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- One year in a medical facility preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel preferred.B.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Basic computer, math, written and phone skills
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Sensitivity to low income, ethnic minority community is
- Able to flourish in a team management system
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask, and prioritize
Keywords: Clinica Family Health, Denver , Bilingual Front Desk - Denver, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!