Company: Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Location: Wheat Ridge
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Responsible for maintaining milieu structure and ensuring that
staff follow program rules and
procedures of the withdrawal management program; responsible for
direct supervision of clients and providing guidance and training
for milieu staff. Responsible for the approval of all admissions
* Monitor staff and client activities on assigned shift. Monitors
Technicians I & II's, Outreach Van Drivers and WM Trainee
* Maintains acceptable attendance and punctuality and is
consistently at work and on-time.
* Interacts with client population in order to provide guidance,
safety, stability and direction including de-escalating potentially
dangerous situations. The clients in this facility are under the
influence of drugs and/or alcohol and/or experiencing withdrawal
* Coordinates treatment referrals for clients motivated to seek
* Works with Program Coordinator and Assistant Program Coordinator
to coordinate coverage for unscheduled absences.
* Provides medication monitoring procedures in accordance with the
* Completes daily shift reports as well as adverse incident reports
(AIR's), refusal and medical screening documentation in accordance
with procedures in a timely manner.
* Monitors staff adherence to cash and property handling
* May be assigned to review and co-sign clinical documentation.
* Makes decisions regarding client appropriateness for admission,
discharge or transfer to a higher level of care as well as ensuring
* Coordinates all Outreach Van assignments during shift.
* Provides direct client care, intake and discharge and data entry
* Assists Supervisor with training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing day-to-day work.
* May assist in the transportation of clients. Individual may be
exposed to adverse weather conditions during loading and unloading
* Monitors and documents client levels of intoxication, withdrawal
status, vital signs, physical condition and behavior, as needed.
Must be able to administer blood pressure assessments, utilizing
blood pressure cuffs.
* Effectively responds to the client needs and problems, initiates
and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone
calls, email and other requests.
* Adheres to all Jefferson Center Policies and Procedures
Other Duties (Productivity Performance Measures, Professional
* Ensures Adverse Incident Reporting (AIR) procedures are followed
during shift. Attend Critical Incident Reviews (CIR) as designated
by the Supervisor or CIR team
* Identify potential problems areas or areas for development and
problem solves with leadership team.
* Attends mandatory in-services, staff meetings, clinical
supervision, and on-line training as required.
* Participates in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda.
Reports high risk/problem cases using a problem solving approach as
well as feedback.
* Monitors, coaches, and directs staff on implementing strategies
to reach performance measurement benchmarks.
* Provides the Program Coordinator with feedback for performance
evaluations and Employee Contribution Records (ECR).
* Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative
* Participates in staff development activities that enhance
* Have an understanding of how trauma impacts the lives of the
people being served, so that every interaction is consistent with
the recovery process and reduces the possibility of
* Participates in the Center's training/educational programs
designed to enhance knowledge about Trauma Informed Care, the
impact of trauma and trauma recovery.
* Ensure that delivery practices are guided by the principles of
trauma informed care and the principles of addiction treatment.
* Maintains effective interpersonal relations with consumers,
peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general
public. Uses language and behavior to promote dignity and
* Corporate Compliance including documentation on practice in
accordance with regulatory requirements and clinical
* Exhibits enthusiasm, respect, adaptability, flexibility, and
spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
* Must be sensitive to the diverse cultural and situational needs
of the clients.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the
High School Diploma, CAC II required or ability to obtain CAC II
within 3 months of hire, and 2 years' experience in a related field
(psychology, counseling, human services, social work, etc.). or
Bachelor's or Master's degree preferred, Certified Addictions
Counselor I (CAC I) required or ability to obtain CAC I within 3
months of hire.
Current CPR/First Aid Certification or ability to obtain within six
months of hire. Valid Colorado Driver's License with a driving
record that meets agency requirements.
Keywords: Jefferson Center for Mental Health, Denver , Shift Coordinator, Other , Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!