Senior Electrical Engineer
Company: Sierra Nevada
Posted on: June 14, 2019
SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a
part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and
collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser
Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's
only commercially reusable space plane. With your help, we will
conduct many safe and successful missions over the next decade to
deliver critical cargo to and from the International Space Station.
These flights for NASA will enable us to build an unprecedented
commercial space transportation network around the Dream Chaser,
which provides affordable, cutting-edge orbital capability and
return to Earth services onto runways around the globe. The future
of space transportation is now.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Work with Electrical and Mechanical Engineers to design and
document SNC s products while following established design and
- Translate concept drawings, wiring diagrams, verbal
descriptions, and sketches into detailed electrical and/or models
and drawings in support of specific program tasks including
electrical bundle routing in the spacecraft
- Efforts will include assessment structural, environmental, and
manufacturability considerations, including tolerance evaluation to
reduce costs and schedule impact for all design efforts, while
ensuring compliance with NASA and SNC standards or best commercial
practices (as appropriate) as well as contractual
- Develop harness bundle assembles using Siemens NX11 Electrical
Harness Module and data / intelligence imported from Siemens Mentor
Graphics Capital Logic.
- Develop light weight secondary structures and harness support
bracket parts that comply with both mechanical and electrical
requirements for the specific applications.
- Will generate and launch Engineering Change Orders (ECO) and
Engineering Change Notifications (ECNs), with associated
documentation, into a Configuration Management (CM) system (i.e.
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and
responsibilities, as defined by managementEDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND
- Bachelors in Engineering or similar field.
- 10+ years experience.
- Must demonstrate the ability to consume / import Siemens Mentor
Graphics Capital data / intelligence into Siemens NX11 for the
purposes of routing bundles.
- Must demonstrate the ability to route bundles in NX11 and
implement cable management hardware and devices.
- Must demonstrate the ability to export NX11 derived cable
lengths back into Mentor Graphics Capital Logic.
- Must demonstrate ability to reference Electrical Interface
Control Documentation (EICDs) for routing and electrical system
interface verification and/or additional details.
- Previous experience with military contracting and working to
MIL and ANSI specifications for both drafting criteria and
documentation of design efforts
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerance course (ASME Y14.5M)
- Must be able to plan, communicate, and deliver work to a
schedule and take into account company processes and
- Understand basic principles, limitations, and requirements of
electrical hardware for the purposes of integration in a spacecraft
to include but not limited to switches, wire, connectors,
- Must demonstrate proficiency with AutoCAD/Mechanical Desktop,
Inventor, SolidWorks, and/or Siemens NX11 CAD 3D design / drafting
software packages to include electrical routing and bundling
- The ability to effectively import of wiring diagram net-lists
for purpose of developing electrical bundle routing models and
- Must understand basic principles, limitations, and requirements
of electrical hardware for the purposes of integration in a
spacecraft to include but not limited to switches, wire,
connectors, backshells, etc
- Proficiency using MS Office and Windows operating systems is
required. Experience with web browsers and email applications in
and inter/intranet environment is recommended
- Must be able to read and use measuring instruments such as
machinist scales, calipers, micrometers, and other precision
- The ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and
- The ability to reverse engineer an existing part or
- The ability to interface with vendors/suppliers on procurement
and/or manufacturability of a part
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills and Abilities as stated
in SNC s Responsibility MatrixSierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal
Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or
any other protected statuspursuant to applicable local, state or
federal law, ordinance or regulation. Associated topics: adapter,
bsee, circuit, diagram, electrical, electrical engineer,
electrician, power, renewable, signal processing
Keywords: Sierra Nevada, Denver , Senior Electrical Engineer, Other , Louisville, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!