Emergency Services /Crisis Clinician
Company: Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Location: Wheat Ridge
Posted on: June 13, 2019
The Emergency Services/Crisis Clinician may function either as a
Walk-In Center Clinician or Mobile Crisis Clinician, or may
function in both roles as designated by supervisor or manager.
Evaluates consumers who present at the Walk-In Center, or at
designated community sites according to mental health center
timelines for response.
Provides de-escalation, triage assessments and crisis
intervention.. Is familiar with principles of trauma-informed care.
Obtains collateral information to ensure that crisis interventions
consider the context of the client's overall plan in order to avoid
harm and re-traumatizaion..
Attempts to resolve crisis on-site whenever possible. Makes
clinically appropriate dispositions in referring to services in the
least restrictive environment necessary to ensure individual and
community safety. Works collaboratively with Licensed Crisis
Clinicians, and -when indicated - with local law enforcement to
resolve situation as effectively as possible.
* Responds to Walk-In Center clients and provides necessary
* Responds to Mobile Crisis requests within one hour of contact to
designated site such as hospital, urgent care facility, residential
facility, ACF, nursing home, JAC, or client home.
* Evaluates crisis clients according to mental health center and
Medicaid timelines for response.
* Provides de-escalation, triage assessments, and
* Obtains collateral information from family, significant others,
and other providers as appropriate and includes them in treatment
* Follows principles of trauma-informed care to avoid harm and
* Develops strength-based treatment plans that promote recovery,
resiliency, and engagement with formal and informal support
* Connects clients with the least-restrictive services necessary to
ensure client, family, and community safety.
* Links clients to needed follow-up services as appropriate
* Consults with WIC Nurse, licensed clinicians, and on-call
psychiatrist as needed, especially in regard to co-morbid medical
* Completes documentation in compliance with Jefferson Center
* Participates in supervision, training, and team meetings as
* Exhibits enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and
spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
* Maintains effective interpersonal relations with consumers,
peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general
* Maintains an acceptable attendance record.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
* Ability to operate a personal computer. Ability to attend
meetings at a variety of locations.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the
* Master's Degree in counseling, psychology or related field plus
one year of related experience and/or training. May consider
relevant pre-master's degree experience. Licensure preferred
* CAC II or III preferred.
* Must have valid driver's license and maintain a good driving
record while employed at Jefferson Center.
* Meets the requirements of applicable federal, state and
organizational background checks.
Keywords: Jefferson Center for Mental Health, Denver , Emergency Services /Crisis Clinician, Other , Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!