Residential Counselor I/II - Wed 8p-8a AON Sanderson
Company: Mental Health Center of Denver
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY: Facilitate and work with consumers
on a variety of activities of daily living (ADLs) needed for
consumers to become more self-sufficient and move toward recovery.
Additionally, you will facilitate group therapy, manage
intakes/discharges, monitor medications, create a safe environment
for the consumers, help coordinate treatment, and advocate for
individuals with severe and persistent mental illness. Responsible
for direct service care to consumers as part of a
RC I: $15.13/hr. - $18.15/hr. (HS Diploma-working towards Bachelors
RC II: $16.05/hr. - $19.25/hr. (Bachelor's or higher)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
--- Provide individual psychotherapy with consumers to provide
support and insight.
- Facilitate group therapy sessions within the house.
- Coordinate clinical care with case management services and
other services both inside and outside of MHCD.
- Assess consumers throughout the workday, and provide
- Encourage, support, and train consumers in activities of daily
living (ADLs) - teaching consumers about hygiene, help make
appointments, show how to do household duties/chores, such as
cooking, cleaning, etc.
- As part of a multi-disciplinary system, help facilitate the
treatment and continuity of clinical care.
- Complete intake and discharge tasks for consumers being place
in the house as new residents or moving out of the house.
- Maintain household safety in regard to a variety of household
chores and activities, such as cooking, cleaning, and
- Document all significant consumer interactions toward recovery
and continuity of care.
- Complete necessary clinical documentation, such as the daily
log, consumer record, and medication records.
- Respond to consumer and building emergencies, and facilitate
appropriate interventions. In emergency situations, contact other
residential staff, your supervisor, or other clinicians when
- Advocate for acceptance and integration of individuals with
mental illness within the neighborhood and community in which they
- Required to attend scheduled team meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
RC I: High Schoool Diploma
Working towards bachelors degree in social work, psychology, human
services, or related field preferred.
RC II: Bachelor's Degree in social work, psychology, human
services, or related field.
QMAP (Qualified Medication Administration Person)
CPR & First Aid
Physical and TB required. (must be completed prior to hire, and
maintained during employment)
Two years of mental health experience or in related field
preferred. Must be 21 yrs. of age to
Keywords: Mental Health Center of Denver, Denver , Residential Counselor I/II - Wed 8p-8a AON Sanderson, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!