Inside Physical Damage Appraiser
Company: CSAA Insurance Group
Location: Colorado Springs
Posted on: January 13, 2019
External candidates: In order for your application to be correctly processed please sign-in before you apply
Internal candidates: Please go to Workday and click \"Find Jobs\" link under Career
Thank you for considering opportunities with us!
Job TitleInside Physical Damage AppraiserRequisition NumberR3086 Inside Physical Damage Appraiser (Open)LocationColorado Springs, ColoradoAdditional Locations
Are you an outstanding Inside Physical Damage Appraiser that's passionate about solving customers' problems? If so, consider starting your career with us. We are looking for compassionate and committed people like you who provide uncommon service. Are you looking for a caring company that is committed to exceptional service? If so, join us at the CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer, in our Colorado Springs office.
While we've been named a 'best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our dedication, growth and our people, you will build AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us.
Under general direction, you'll handle property damage claims, evaluation of auto, negotiation of car damage estimates, out of state losses, and handling of claims coverage issues over the telephone.
A typical day as an Inside Physical Damage Appraiser includes:
- You will Investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle auto, property damage or total loss claims to conclusion.
- You will adjust claims that require outside field assignments.
- You will monitor repairs of damaged vehicles belonging to insureds and third parties.
- You will process payments appropriately and review with supervision beyond authority while preparing files for authority review with supervisor or manager.
As a valued member of our community, you will:
- Join a team who is dedicated to AAA members and one another. We seek out and incorporate different perspectives to drive towards better results.
- Achieve career growth by continuously developing your skills through on-the-job experience, exposure to others and formal education opportunities.
- Work at a place that has been named one of the 50 Most Community-minded Companies in America for 5 years running.
- Experience a culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. 8 company-wide Employee Resource Groups address themes like military appreciation, ethnic heritage and LGBTQ+ Pride.
- Typically 2+ years of claims experience.
- Knowledge of auto repair estimates and systems.
- Basic math and moderate computer skills with technical aptitude to utilize a variety of software applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to type 30 wpm
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a flexible, changing environment to include holidays and/or weekends (when required)
- Proficient in ability to write estimates in computerized estimating systems.
- A dedication to service perfection and caring for our exceptional customers
- Valid Driver's License
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-3 years customer service experience
- Bilingual, Spanish and English
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Adjusters license preferred, and may be required by state.
CSAA Insurance Group Offers Many Benefits, Including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage.
- Employee assistance, healthy pregnancy and wellness programs.
- Paid time off, plus nine paid holidays and 24 hours of volunteer time off.
- 401(k) plus company matching up to 6% and a cash balance pension program.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training and career development opportunities.
Be part of a community that works
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Let's work together
Questions? Please contact us at TalentAcquisition@csaa.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: CSAA Insurance Group, Denver , Inside Physical Damage Appraiser, Other , Colorado Springs, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!