Environmental Services Associate
Company: Lakewood Reserve
Posted on: January 11, 2019
Job Description OverviewJuniper Village is dedicated to nurturing the spirit of life in each individual whose life we touch so that we may all live fully throughout all seasons of life. We do this by encouraging an active body, an engaged mind and a fulfilled spirit. Juniper Village owns and operates assisted living and skilled care communities in four regions across the country. The company’s operations are designed and managed to provide the finest quality personal service and exceptional care to foster healthy and independent lives for those who live and work in our communities. The company’s team of experienced committed individuals is deeply committed to achieving the company’s mission and balancing quality in service, program and environment with financial stability and prosperity. Together, we nurture the spirit of life.Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance to Juniper Partner’s philosophy and hallmarks as well as all written policies and procedures that govern the operation of the Environmental Services Department.
- Assists in the coordination of environmental services with other related departments.
- Ensures the provision of a continuous high quality of service within the Environmental Services Department.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of competent Housekeeping/Laundry and Maintenance Associates.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Environmental Services Log and completes all work orders in a timely fashion.
- Assist in implementing a preventive maintenance program that includes painting, wallpapering and deep cleaning.
- Inspect all storage areas, work rooms, janitorial/utility closets, etc. for up-keep.
- Assist in the assurance that outside services are properly completed/supervised in accordance with contracts/work orders.
- Perform environmental rounds.
- Follow established policies/procedures at all times in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that supplies, equipment, etc. are maintained to provide a safe and comfortable environment.
- Comply with Green Canopy program
- Follow through with a schedule of checking, inspecting and cleaning all equipment and systems on a routine basis in compliance with regulations,
- Assist in maintaining material safety data sheets (MSDS’s) for hazardous chemicals in the community.
- Ensure that containers of hazardous chemicals in the community are properly labeled and stored.
- Follow established policies governing the use/disposal of waste.
- Assists in the coordination of effective communication among Environmental Services team members, residents, and families.
- Makes written and oral reports to the Environmental Services Director concerning the operation of the Environmental Services Department
- Works in concert with other members of the Leadership Team to coordinate special events and programs.
- Follow established safety regulations, including fire protection, infection control, bloodborne pathogens, hazardous waste and quality assurance procedures.
- Submit recommendations to the Executive Director for budget completion, equipment, and supplies.
- Assist in ensuring adequate supplies and equipment are available to meet the day to day operational needs of the Environmental Services Department.
- Makes plumbing, electrical and mechanical repairs within own capabilities
- Responsible for pest control contract to be maintained
- Move heavy furniture too heavy for housekeeper associates.
- Shovels snow in winter months
- Maintain grounds and landscaping
- Keeps ground free of litter and debrisQualifications
- A High School Diploma
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have a valid state driver’s license with appropriate class
- Must have a clean driver’s record and present a professional appearance and image
- Knowledge of all applicable governmental regulations
- Knowledge of the physiology and psychology of the older adult.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals within the community.
- Attends and participates in mandated yearly training programs and all required meetings.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently so as to achieve goals.
- Adheres to all Human Resources policies, procedures, and code of conduct.
- Respects confidentiality of information and Resident’s rights.
- Performs job in a safe manner, using proper body mechanics, infection control, etc.
- Responsible for proper care of all property, equipment, supplies and financial assets involved in the performance of the job.
- Performs other duties as requiredApply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed Company DescriptionLakewood Reserve, A Juniper Senior Living Community, is located in one of Denver’s most appealing neighborhoods, close to Belmar’s popular shops and restaurants, as well as near historic, old-town Lakewood. Lakewood Reserve is an expansive community which offers both standard assisted living for those needing a little help with activities of daily life and a small secure memory care neighborhood designed exclusively for individuals with Alzheimer’s Disease and other neuro-cognitive disorders.Lakewood Reserve Senior Living is a place where our team of compassionate professionals nurture the spirit of life in each individual through Juniper’s distinctive programs that encourage active bodies, engaged minds and fulfilled spirits. At Juniper, we believe that the keys to healthy aging are keeping fit and staying socially connected.Graciously appointed, Lakewood Reserve Senior Living provides a warm and engaging environment with a host of community spaces that offer the opportunity for all types of connections in your third act! The community features 118 apartments from spacious studios to over-sized deluxe two bedroom suites. Some suites even feature their own private outdoor patio! Lovely outdoor walking paths connect your suite to abundant common areas including sunrooms, covered outdoor patio, and resident gardens. Indoors you’ll find all the amenities of everyday life from a library to a movie theater, from a bistro to art and music rooms, and much more.Our Independent living affords an active lifestyle without the burdens of maintaining a home. Assisted Living is perfect for those needing a little support with life’s details in order to maintain their independence. We offer assistance with personal care and activities of daily life as well as provide a coordinated suite of wellness services on-site.Our Wellspring neighborhood is recently renovated and provides a caring, secured, community for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. Through a life-affirming, therapeutic environment, we emphasize strengths and support wellness. We extend our sense of community to all those who are touched by the disease, providing opportunities to support body, mind and spirit.Our dedicated staff, each specially-trained in dementia care, provides each resident individualized assistance with activities of daily living in our secure, comfortable home-like environment; including a secured, outdoor courtyard and garden. Wellspring is a calming place designed with resident safety in mind.
Keywords: Lakewood Reserve, Denver , Environmental Services Associate, Other , Lakewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!