Lead Contracts Mgmt Professional
Company: Worldpay US
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Worldpay is a global payments leader powering international commerce with deep fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers. Whether in-store, online, or on a mobile device, we process over 40 billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It's the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.
As Worldpay grows, our need for a skilled and seasoned legal team grows. The payments processing industry requires a savvy team of experts who can easily navigate the often complex and sophisticated language of contracts whether they be with customers, merchant clients or financial institutions. Ensuring our systems comply with legal requirements and our policies and procedures are in line with all regulations ensures we can safely operate our business.
The Principal Contracts Management Professional heads the negotiations, structuring and administering of our contractual documents. Whether it's establishing business relationships with vendors, customers or partners, he/she will have a deep understanding of the underlying rules and regulations of law and goals of the business to structure contracts. By having clear contracts with our business partners, we can ensure the expectations of our services and products are met to the satisfaction of our customers and clients.
A World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.
- Free hand drafting and reviewing of various documents including, but not limited to contracts, letters, client communications and other miscellaneous legal documents.
- Negotiate agreements via direct client/vendor discussions.
- Offer expert consultation to lines of business on potential contractual solutions in a continually changing product/service environment.
- Utilize discretion in the use, acceptance and approval of language within client facing agreements.
- Utilize sound judgment and discretion in identifying key contract terms and issues that require escalation. Develop and propose creative solutions to contract issues.
- Create contract language as necessary for use in client/vendor contracts.
- Lead internal stakeholder discussion to facilitate deal decision and strategy.
- Coordinate third party (vendor) due diligence process with Operational Risk, lines of business/department stakeholders during buy-side contract process.
- Partner with internal product group to develop template agreements as required for new product/service offerings.
- Analyze the impact of new product, organizational growth/acquisition, and product alterations to contract process and templates in further support of internal customers.
- Where necessary, in conjunction with the line of business/department partners, handle miscellaneous litigation-related matters (e.g. subpoenas).
- Communicate with line of business/department partners about daily transactional matters (i.e., contracts and negotiations).
- Assess and mitigate contract risks during all phases of contract negotiation through consultation with stakeholders and lines of business/departments.
- Identify the need for tools, templates, and processes and develop iterations of each as necessary.
- Project manage department and/or enterprise initiatives including implementation of new technologies, tools, and processes in the contracts area.
- Advise management of proposed process improvements in the contract area, as identified.
- Engage and partner with newly acquired business and legal departments to coordinate processes and tools.
- Regularly represent the department in partnership initiatives throughout the enterprise by participating in internal customer team meetings as a leading contributor, presenting news to the organization, and gathering feedback for purposes of process improvement in the contracts area.
- Identify key control failures and process failures. Determine root cause and remediation through analysis.
- Routinely consult with stakeholders to ensure processes add value and remain current and most efficient.
- Responsible for drafting, maintaining, and enforcing policies and procedures. Remediate deficiencies as identified.
- Provide training and support to less experienced administrative staff and line of business/department partners.
- Review contract work of other team members (e.g. Contract Managers, Senior Contract Managers, etc.) and offer review approvals.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years of experience; or equivalent experience.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Keywords: Worldpay US, Denver , Lead Contracts Mgmt Professional, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!