Company: E2 Optics
Posted on: February 11, 2024
E2 Optics is an award-winning, Woman-Owned technology
integrator, headquartered in Denver, Colorado. We help clients
deploy remarkably efficient solutions that are modern, turnkey, and
minimize operational costs. We design low voltage solutions that
seamlessly integrate audiovisual, physical security, structured
cabling, and wireless solutions, including DAS and WiFi systems.
Our experience spans Enterprise and Government clients within the
Energy, Finance, Health Care, Higher Education, Manufacturing,
Media & Communications, and Transportation industries. Our Core
Values, which are built around Safety, guide our business,
employees, and relationships with customers and partners. We
embrace these values to be a better business and better people,
while having fun in the process. As a result, we've set a new
standard, and our clients have made E2 Optics one of America's
largest and fastest-growing companies.Work as a senior technical
leader of a project team. The Field Supervisor is primarily
responsible for delivering jobsite productivity, ensuring
high-quality work and maintaining a safe work environment. This
position combines senior trade skillset with project management
practices to complete installation of Structured Cabling Systems,
Data centers or Specialty projects on-schedule and to established
standards. The Field Supervisor leads onsite team members on
projects safely and effectively with varying magnitude and
complexity to meet projected milestones. This position is roughly
70% direct field presence with 30% administrative functions.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety is our number one Core Value. Follows safe work
practices in accordance to company and client worksite
- Promote company CORE Values to foster and safeguard
- Supervise all aspects of installation; 1)Plan, organize and
direct personnel, resources and materials. 2)Read and interpret
floorplans, drawings, specifications, and cut sheets. 3) Perform
system testing and troubleshooting as required.
- Evaluate project requirements and validate SOW (Scope of Work)
and project plan by implementing strategies to achieve optimal team
performance and ensure all work is performed in accordance to the
SOW, project, and industry standards.
- Work with Scheduling administrator to maintain 2-5 week look
ahead schedule on the project to plan personnel resources,
equipment and materials.
- Accurate reporting of project status to Scheduling
administrator to update scheduling tool and facilitate timely
reporting to leadership and the client.
- SME (Subject Matter Expert) and mentor to technicians to
develop their abilities to improve the performance of their tasks
- Collaborate with Project Engineer to define project compliant
equipment and materials.
- Track, trend and drive problem solving for recurring issues
that prevent realization of performance targets.
- Share better practices and lessons learned across sites for
inspiration and implementation.
- Provide coaching, development and guidance to direct reports
and/or team members, encouraging and guiding them personally to
develop with emerging technologies.
- Lead by example by exemplifying safety and professionalism at
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook,
Word, Excel, Visio, etc.).
- Approve PTO requests by managing workload.
- Contribute observations for employee evaluations and
- Exhibit and maintain professional appearance and behavior to
maintain professional appearance and demeanor in both internal and
- Travel: The individual in this position should be able and
willing to travel as required by E2.
- Additional Responsibilities: As identified and assigned by
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree
- OSHA 30 within first 2 weeks in role.
- BICSI Installer 2 Copper preferred.
- BICSI Installer 2 Fiber preferred.
- BICSI Certified Technician. Must be earned within 12 months in
- Minimum 3-6 years work experience in Structured Cabling or
related industry/construction experience.
- Experience in large data center infrastructure industry
including technology, quality and safety standards.
- Minimum 3 years supervision and/or training experience, to
include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work
assignments.Position Bonus Attributes:
- Obtain company approved (manufacturer) certifications.
- Obtain BICSI RTPM (Registered Telecommunications Project
Manager).Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes
- Ability to supervise and train employees to include organizing,
prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to understand and effectively explain every aspect of
the structured cabling system including pathways, spaces,
horizontal cabling, backbone copper, backbone fiber optic, cross-
and inter-connections, and testing. This includes understanding
applicable codes, standards, industry best practices and the
ability to make recommendations.
- Working knowledge of the PMBOK (Project Management Body of
Knowledge) Guides and Standards.
- Working knowledge of fundamental business practices and
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to develop and anchor standard operating procedures
that effectively empower installation teams to deliver value to the
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and
- Effective performance management skills.
- Working knowledge of safety protocols and procedures.
- Exhibit a positive attitude.
- High attention to detail with demonstrated ability to source
and follow standards.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and demonstrates effective
- Advocate, coach and lead by example continuous improvement
strategies, tactics and practices.WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL
DEMANDS: The standard work environment for this position is an
indoors business office and construction environment. Ability to
use a computer and/or hand tools while sitting or standing for
extended periods of time. The noise level in the work environment
is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, use hands,
stoop, kneel, bend, rotate, push, pull, reach with hands and arms
on intermittent to regular basis daily. The employee is frequently
required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or
move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. The employee must regularly carry and climb ladders to 20
feet. The employee may be required to work in tight, confided
spaces. The employee must demonstrate regular and on-time
attendance. There could be a requirement of occasional travel by
conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like
within the region and to other locations as required. The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
E2 Benefits include: Employee paid monthly medical premiums,
matching 401k, paid holidays and 3 weeks paid time off.
DISCLAIMER: The above job definition information has been designed
to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions. An Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender
identity, national origin disability, protected Veteran Status, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or
local law. Actively recruits qualified women, minorities, disabled
and veterans for all positions for which they are qualified.
TEXTING TERMS OF SERVICE: We may send text messages you have
consented to receive. Message frequency may vary. You can cancel
text messages at any time by texting "STOP". After you send "STOP",
we may send you an additional text message to confirm that you have
been unsubscribed. You will no longer receive text messages from
that phone number, or from any member of our team. If at any time
you have questions about the text messages, text "HELP". After you
send "HELP" we will respond with instructions on how to use our
service as well as how to unsubscribe. Message and data rates may
Keywords: E2 Optics, Denver , Field Supervisor, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!