Early Childhood Sub - Occasional - Part Time
Company: Steamboat Ski Resort
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Steamboat Resort in
Steamboat Springs, CO.Occasional
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. is known as the friendliest
mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage
and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best
employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our
employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees
who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair
warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun,
lifelong friendships, and a rooted sense of community.
Who We're Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best
ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around
the world. Our culture is supportive, challenging, passionate and
committed and we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We are
looking for unique individuals who exemplify these qualities and
care about each other, our mission, our environment and our
communities. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a
friendly attitude, you're ready to join our team. If your dream job
includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding
work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we'd love
to hear from you!
The new Steamboat Child Care Center is looking for dedicated and
flexible substitute teachers to join our new team! Early Childhood
Subs will substitute for Early Childhood Teachers and Assistant
Teachers when they are on vacation, sick, or in case of unplanned
absences. Early Childhood Subs will support Early Childhood
Teachers and Assistant Teachers with the education, supervision,
and care of children at the Steamboat Child Care Center.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work
performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
- Support classroom teachers and assistant teachers
- Provide a safe, healthy, and secure environment with an
emphasis on children's social-emotional, physical, and cognitive
- Perform daily child care duties as assigned including feeding,
diapers/potty, and naps
- Help in other classrooms as needed
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements
- Maintain confidentiality
- Be prepared to engage children in outdoor activities for long
periods of time, sometimes in inclement weather (preschool)
- Work cooperatively on a team with other teaching
- Provide positive guidance and redirection
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as
any regulatory requirements
- Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, education and ability required for this
- Knowledge of child development and willingness to stay up to
date with current best practices
- Must demonstrate an interest in young children and a concern
for their proper care and well-being.
- Flexibility to care for children of all ages birth-5 years
- Ability to maintain professional communication with parents,
supervisors, Early Childhood Teachers, and Assistant Early
- Routine sanitizing and disinfesting of toys and surfaces
- Must successfully complete background & fingerprint check
- Must be able to lift, carry, and position children up to 40
- Must be able to work for extended periods of time standing,
walking, kneeling, talking, and sitting on the floor
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor under stressful
- Must communicate clearly (written and oral) in English.
Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- This is an hourly non-exempt position and is subject to
- Position requires working some holidays.
- All Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation employees are required
to follow adapting COVID policies and guidelines.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of
the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation hourly pay range for this
position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range
based on various factors including but not limited to experience,
education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Steamboat Ski & Resort
Corporation's total compensation package for employees. Other
rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many
Steamboat area base hourly pay range: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour.
This rate is determined by your PDIS Early Childhood Credential
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: assistant preschool teacher, baby, child, early
childhood, infant, pre kindergarten, preschool, preschool assistant
teacher, preschool teacher, toddler
Keywords: Steamboat Ski Resort, Denver , Early Childhood Sub - Occasional - Part Time, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!