Equipment Operator / Blade
Company: Martin Marietta - Quivas
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Position Summary:The Blade Operator is responsible for the safe
and efficient operation of the motor grader to establish and
maintain travel ways throughout the quarry.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety
policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment
for the task.
- Capable of maintaining smooth and properly graded roadways to
allow for drainage.
- Perform routine inspections and maintenance on equipment, and
report defects and repairs to the maintenance department.
- Avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility
lines, other equipment, other workers, and objects.
- Demonstrate an understanding of grades and slopes.
- Operates other heavy equipment and other construction related
duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be safety-oriented and exhibit safe work habits.
- Have an understanding of road grades and specifications.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new skills.
- Perform well in a TEAM environment.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and
- Willing to work hours that are associated with the aggregate
industry, including overtime and weekends.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience operating motor grader
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Physical Requirements & Conditions:
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require
considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body,
such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and
handling of materials.
Compensation & Benefits:We are excited to share the base range for
this position is $22.60-$31.70, exclusive of benefits or bonuses
(discretionary and non-discretionary). The offered base hourly
compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic
location, business need, market conditions, proficiencies, skills,
education, and experience. Additionally, at Martin Marietta we
place a high value on internal pay equity and will consider the
compensation for those in similarly situated roles and direct team
members. The posted range for this role represents the total
reasonable pay range and does not solely represent a hiring range.
Therefore, hiring at the top or maximum of the range should not be
expected as it would not allow for salary growth opportunities in
the role, would diminish promotion value, and may not align with
internal equity. In addition to our base compensation, we also
offer a competitive benefits package for full time employees (more
information on benefits listed below).At Martin Marietta, we offer
a variety of benefits, depending on union classification which
could include medical, dental and vision coverage; prescription
drug coverage; health savings accounts; flexible spending accounts;
life, AD&D and disability insurance; 401(k) with a company
match and an employer-funded defined benefit pension plan. Other
benefits include paid time off, paid holidays, education/tuition
assistance, an employee discount program, adoption assistance,
wellness programs and more.Part time employees are eligible to
participate in the 401k plan and receive a company match. In
addition, they are eligible to start accruing service for the
pension plan.Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Associated topics: aggregate, crane, deere, diesel, equipment
operator, heavy equipment engineer, loader, mechanic, operator,
Keywords: Martin Marietta - Quivas, Denver , Equipment Operator / Blade, Other , Golden, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!