Chief Space Systems Engineer
Company: Diazyme Laboratories, Inc.
Posted on: September 17, 2023
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and
manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power
generation systems. GA-EMS' expanding portfolio of specialized
products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet,
space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy,
and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial,
and commercial customers worldwide.Whether a specific satellite for
a specific mission or a constellation of interconnected spacecraft,
the GA-EMS Space Systems team is re-defining how customers can
access the possibilities of space. GA-EMS offers modular and
scalable satellite platforms backed with a history of operational
flight experience to support defense, civil, commercial, and
academic mission requirements.We currently have an exciting
opportunity for a Chief Space Systems Engineer working on satellite
systems to join our team located in Englewood, CO.
- With consultative direction, this position exercises
considerable latitude in determining technical objectives for the
review, research, design, development, and/or solution(s) for a
designated engineering system(s) or project(s)/program(s).
- Functioning in an advisory or leadership role participates in
the planning and oversight of the successful resolution and
implementation of engineering problem(s) and provides direction and
guidance to professional and support staff.
- Formulates technical plans, typically multi-year, for
solution(s) development, documentation, and deployment of the
engineering solution(s), as well as responsible for meeting various
compliance, reporting, and safety standards.
- Evaluates the integration of the engineering solution within
the overall engineering environment; and responsible for
planning/overseeing documentation, testing, maintenance, and
engineering updates. Communicates with engineering professionals,
solution users, and management throughout the solution development
cycle; represents the company as a prime technical contact on
assigned system(s) or project(s)/program(s); selects, motivates,
and develops professional and support staff; interacts with senior
internal and external personnel on technical matters requiring
coordination between the organizations; anticipates future
engineering needs; and, develops new or expands existing business
opportunities.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Program leadership team member responsible for technical
leadership of the engineering team in the space system and
satellite development, integration and test.
- Serves as the system subject matter expert and technical design
authority for the program
- Provides accountability for technical risk, conduct of
technical reviews, system modeling and simulation, system
performance, system architecture and trade studies.
- Leads the integration of the engineering solution within the
overall engineering environment; and ensures that appropriate
documentation, testing, maintenance, and engineering updates are
- Serve as primary technical interface/point of contact with
- Perform mission and system design on missions from bid
generation through launch and operations.
- Determines annual and multi-year technical objectives for
designated engineering systems or project(s)/program(s).
- Represents the assigned systems or projects(s)/program(s) as a
prime technical expert.
- Act as expert consultant and advisor in identified area(s) of
- Advises or directs the activities of assigned
project(s)/program(s) to achieve technical objectives.
- Directs and allocates technical resources and professional
staff to achieve objectives.
- Develops new and/or expands existing business
- Ensures compliance, reporting, and safety standards are
- Participates in the planning, selection, retention, and
development of the professional staff.
- Publishes and present technical papers and abstracts and
participate in internal and external technical program
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in
accordance with established operating procedures and practices.We
recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals
with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified
individuals to apply. Job Qualifications:
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree, master's degree or PhD
in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited
institution and progressive engineering experience as follows;
eighteen or more years of experience with a bachelor's degree,
sixteen or more years of experience with a master's degree, or
thirteen or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent
engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates a detailed and extensive technical expertise and
application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and
practice as well as project and/or program leadership including
organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to
meet established project deadlines or milestones.
- Must posses the ability to contribute to the development of new
concepts and principles; resolve unusually complex technical
problems; serve as spokesperson on projects and/or programs; and be
a technical expert in one or more areas of engineering.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
are required enabling an effective leadership interface with other
departments, all levels of management, professional and support
staff, customers, potential customers, and government
- Must have at least 8 years of spacecraft or space system design
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in leading technical
- Great interpersonal skills working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience in the entire
- Experience preparing for and presenting at customer
- Systems engineering expertise in ICDs, Requirements, CONOPs,
Test, and system integration.
- Customer focused, formulates plans based on the development of
innovative new designs in resolving advanced technical engineering
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team
environment. Able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is
required. Salary:$140,940 - $252,293
Keywords: Diazyme Laboratories, Inc., Denver , Chief Space Systems Engineer, Other , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!