Traveling Superintendent 2
Company: J. E. Dunn Construction Group
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Best People + Right Culture. These are the driving forces behind
JE Dunn's success.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging
work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them share
in the company's rewards, we've found a sustainable way to grow in
our industry for the last 95+ years.
Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through
inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people
like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
The Superintendent 2 will help plan, manage and execute on all
aspects of assigned projects with some complexity. This position
will be responsible for managing material and equipment, assisting
with people management, ensuring documentation is complete and
meeting project goals to achieve timely and profitable completion
of each project. All activities will be performed in support of the
strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
- Autonomy and Decision Making: Makes decisions within defined
limits of authority and consults supervisor on other
- Career Path: Superintendent 3. Key Role Responsibilities -
SUPERINTENDENT FAMILY - CORE
- Leads all aspects of the company's safety culture and creates
awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment
through individual actions and mentoring others. Investigates
safety incidents and retrains staff and needed.
- Provides management of subcontractors and organization of the
overall job and workflow.
- Manages and oversees company staff, subcontractors, suppliers
and programs such as Safety, Quality and EEOC for a small project
or a major portion of a larger project.
- Develops work plans for subcontractors and self-performed
- Coordinates and manages the care, custody and control of the
- Leads various meetings including daily standup and weekly trade
- Attends, manages and participates in appropriate progress
and/or project OAC meetings.
- Creates, manages, changes and implements the project's schedule
as needed, in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- May be responsible for tracking and monitoring project budget
and costs by using the project management system's cost reports and
data from the project manager.
- Communicates key project information to owners, design team,
governing authorities, subcontractors, suppliers and other
- Follows the project filing and documentation organization
system as dictated for the project. Updates drawings, logs, diaries
and inspection notebooks.
- Approves and/or records unit cost information for weekly
reports and completes daily reports, logs and tracking
- Evaluates progress on self-perform work and make adjustments as
- Manages material and equipment needs for the project.
- Supports the MOC (Material and Other Costs) and DLSC (Dunn
Logistics Service Center) procurement and approval processes.
- Assists in the selection of the formwork, tools and equipment
necessary to complete self-perform operations.
- Manages timecard approval process to ensure reporting of
accurate hours and proper cost codes.
- Ensures quality compliance through use of specifications,
setting quality standards, in-house QA/QC and outside
- Supports the project closeouts by supervising pre-punch
activities and coordinating activities with the owner, architect
and governing authorities.
- Gains understanding of the project pursuit process and
- Participates with the field operations leadership and the
project team to put together a project pre plan; implements,
monitors and adjusts as needed throughout the project
- Partners with field leadership to establish field staffing for
their assigned project.
- Partners with project management to identify schedule and costs
associated with project changes.
- Participates in the negotiation process with the owner and
architect to gain agreement for project changes.
- Participates with the project team in preparation and
presentation for all project review meetings, including the monthly
review process and other key project meetings.
- Participates in the project buy out meetings with
subcontractors and vendors.
- Understands and applies the terms and conditions of the owner
and subcontractor contracts for the project.
- Responsible for identifying and recruiting top talent.
- Leads, supports and promotes a culture of diversity and
inclusion within JE Dunn. Understands JE Dunn's policy of
non-discrimination and ensures positive, proactive implementation
throughout the organization. Key Role Responsibilities - Additional
In addition, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Manages fairly complex stand-alone projects from start to
- Assumes responsibility for management, scheduling, production,
safety and quality on their project or their portion of the
- Identifies, understands and actively manages project
- Utilizes awareness, experience and knowledge to identify
problems and recommends solutions for review and implementation by
- Manages deliverables provided by a variety of internal
resources and functions such as IPS, logistics, etc.
- Participates with project team in project pursuits.
- Participates in the negotiation process with the owner and
architect to gain agreement for project changes. Knowledge, Skills
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Intermediate).
- Ability to conduct effective presentations (Intermediate).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Intermediate).
- Ability to apply fundamentals of the means and methods of
construction management to projects.
- Knowledge of project processes and how each supports the
successful completion of a project.
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend
- Proficiency in project management and accounting software
- Proficiency in required JE Dunn construction technology
- Proficiency in scheduling software (Intermediate).
- Ability to apply Lean process and philosophy
- Knowledge of specific trades and scopes of work
- Knowledge of self-perform and labor productivity
- Ability to manage budgets, maximize profitability and generate
future work through building relationships (Intermediate).
- Knowledge of organizational structure and available
- Knowledge of layout skill (Intermediate).
- Knowledge of crane flagging and rigging (Intermediate).
- Ability to understand document changes and impact to the
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team,
internally and externally. Education
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or
related field (Preferred). Experience
- 5+ years construction experience.
- 3+ years field supervision experience.
- Experience with Lean principles (Preferred). Working
- Valid and unrestricted drivers license required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- May require periods of travel and/or relocation
- May be exposed to extreme conditions (hot or cold)
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours to meet project
- Frequent activity: Standing, Walking, Climbing, Bending,
Reaching above Shoulder, Pushing, Pulling
- Occasional activity: Sitting, Viewing Computer Screen At JE
Dunn, our approach to benefits means caring for the whole person,
and it begins with a comprehensive benefits program that meets
families' needs. We offer competitive and award-winning benefit
packages including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and Employee
Stock Ownership Plan.
Base compensation for the Traveling Superintendent 2 role in
Colorado is between $112000 and $140638, depending on experience,
and may be more than this range for candidates with exceptional
experience and a demonstrated history of successful performance. In
addition to base salary, the role is eligible to receive a target
bonus based on both individual and company performance.
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity
to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability,
pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected
category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free
JE Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable
accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit your
request to email@example.com
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes
from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee
of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement
will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn
Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails
Why People Work Here
At JE Dunn we offer our employees an inspired place to enrich their
life and the lives of those around them
Building on our rich history, our employee owners are shaping the
future of JE Dunn. In our team-focused environment we do life
together and are generously rewarded for our efforts
About JE Dunn
Founded in 1924, JE Dunn Construction
is a family and employee-owned general contractor with expertise in
construction management services, design-build, and integrated
project delivery. We deliver transformational solutions to our
clients with certainty of results in our pursuit of building
- 95+ Years of Construction Experience
- 25 Office Locations
- Annual revenues in excess of $4 billion
- Consistently ranked Top 25 of the 400 largest general
contractors nationwide by Engineering News-Record
- Consistently ranked Top 15 for domestic building by Engineering
- 2500+ Employee Owners work at JE Dunn
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
JE Dunn participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility
E-Verify Participation (English and Spanish)
Right to Work (English)
Right to Work (Spanish)
Keywords: J. E. Dunn Construction Group, Denver , Traveling Superintendent 2, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...