Learning and Development Student Assistant
Company: Metropolitan State University of Denver
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Learning and Development Student Assistant
Student Work Study or Student Hourly
Human Resources (Division)
In support of the Human Resources mission and in alignment with
principles of diversity, equity and inclusion, the Learning &
Development (L&D) team fosters community and transformative
culture by providing equitable access to research, tools, programs
and benefits that support personal growth, professional development
and organizational wellness so that every employee can build
meaningful relationships and achieve excellence. Our office focuses
on employee engagement and organizational culture through a variety
of resources and programs, including New Employee Orientation,
performance development, professional and leadership development,
Employee Tuition Benefit, Crucial Conversations, Professional
Development Conference, among others
The Learning & Development Student Assistant is responsible for
supporting an innovative learning culture that develops the
knowledge, skills and capabilities of our faculty and staff. This
role is a critical component for developing our employees and will
support our team to identify, create, and implement trainings and
other activities. This teammate possesses excellent communication
and team player skills, the ability to work comfortably with
technology, and a willingness to learn and adapt in a fast-paced
(75%) Coordinate trainings & programs, support logistics
* Assist in developing and implementing the Learning & Development
* Co-create program registration, attendance tracking and
evaluation processes, stakeholder interviews and
information-seeking sessions to assess needs.
* Co-design program and event materials, such as presentations,
facilitator guides and participant guides as needed.
* Identify stakeholders and subject matter experts to facilitate
the development of faculty and staff.
* Assess, design, develop, and implement trainings, presentations
and which are clear, user friendly, look professional, and
accommodate various adult learning skills
* Monitor and report on the effectiveness of training programs and
learning resources and assess for improvements.
* Create proposals for resource needs
Marketing and Communication (15%)
* Support Learning & Development website and public SharePoint site
* Establish and implement training schedules and calendars.
* Identity newsletter content and assist in marketing efforts.
* Maintain L&D mailboxes and respond to incoming requests.
Assist others (10%)
* Coordinate with other team members and HR personnel in
development of training to support HR initiatives, program, and
* Assist other HR personnel in incorporating effective learning and
training practices into HR and workforce initiatives.
* Support the training needs across campus.
* Must be a role model of our core CADRE values; be honest and
transparent; learn from mistakes
* Self-driven learner who is able to independently identify and
seek personal and professional development opportunities to assist
in implementing responsibilities.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Outstanding service orientation; high level of personal
* Must be an independent and innovative thinker
* Other duties as assigned.
* 1 year experience with educational technologies
* 1 year experience with customer service
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple,
conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Experience with excel, Qualtrics and SharePoint
* Experience with group facilitation
* Experience with event planning and logistics
Open Until Filled
Flexible with student schedule. Human Resource Office is open
Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. Occasional trainings and programs
MSU Denver offers temporary, non-benefit eligible employees sick
leave. The sick leave is accrued at a rate of 1 hour for every 30
hours worked, not to exceed a maximum of 48 hours in a calendar
Special Instructions to Applicants
The health and safety of students, faculty, staff and our
prospective teammates are our highest priority and as an
institution, we are required to have proof of vaccination on file
for all employees.
MSU Denver is requiring all employees to provide proof of being
fully vaccinated for Covid-19, or to submit an exemption and be
subject to following the Covid-19 safety protocols. As an employee
of MSU Denver, an exemption or lack of proof of vaccination will
require you to submit to weekly Covid-19 testing starting the week
of August 23, 2021.
Additionally, all institutions on campus are requiring that masks
be worn indoors regardless of your vaccinations status.
Keywords: Metropolitan State University of Denver, Denver , Learning and Development Student Assistant, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!