Company: SCL Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
To show our commitment to you and to assist with your transition
into our organization, we will also offer up to a $2500 sign-on
bonus to experienced Chaplains with more than 1+ years of
experience. You. You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to
your work as a Hospital Chaplain. Your compassion is tangible:
whether your patient is 18 or 85, they feel it in the hand they
hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your
support. Youre generous with your compassion, your empathy and
especially your ability to listen to others as you work with
associates, patients and their families during especially
challenging times. Us. The Hospital Chaplain PDM position requires
weekends, over nights and on-call based on the department needs.
This is a non-benefit eligible position. Saint Joseph Hospital is
part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare
organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 365-bed
facility is one of the top-ranked hospitals in Denver, and has been
awarded the highest national recognition possible for nursing
excellence Magnet designation by the ANCC. We are proud to extend
the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the
vulnerable, our communities and each other. Our deep community
roots date back to 1873, making us one of the oldest hospitals in
Colorado. Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you
and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and
vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it
encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve
launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health.
Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools,
tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also
offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning. Base wage
is $30.50 when seeing patients and $14.25 when on call / inactive
in the hospital We. Together well align mission and careers, values
and workplace. Well encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and
high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of
spirituality in healing. Were proud of what we know, which includes
how much there is to learn. Your day. As a Hospital Chaplain you
need to know how to:
- Initiate pastoral visits and respond to referrals to visit
patients and/or their families.
- Conduct assessment of spiritual needs of patients, residents,
family members, physicians, associates and volunteers.
- Assist patients and families with advance directives and
end-of-life resources. Provide resources for transition,
bereavement and loss.
- Participate in multidisciplinary patient rounds, care
conferences ethics consultations and documents, as appropriate, in
patients electronic medical record.
- Respond to crisis situations (e.g. Code Blue, trauma, death) to
provide spiritual care and support.
- Facilitate prayer, rituals and worship services. Offers
workshops (e.g., spirituality, advance directives) as needed.
- Support ongoing partnerships with community clergy.
- Participate as a member of the spiritual care on-call
- Participate in on call responsibilities as requested.
- Participate in maintenance of proper administrative procedures
for the department in accordance with institutional policy.
- Assist with the development of the department's plan for
continuous quality improvement
- Participate in hospital wide committees. May lead specific
committee projects and initiatives. Your experience. We hire
people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we
- Bachelors Degree, required
- Masters Degree in Divinity, Theology or related field within
two (2) years of hire is required
- Two units Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) by the Association
of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) accredited centers,
- Board Certification by APC, NACC, NAJC, or SCA required within
two years of hire. Letter of Recommendation of suitability by
senior administrative leader of religious tradition (Parish,
Synagogue, Conference, Elder Board, etc.), required
- Two (2) years of experience as a Chaplain in a hospital
setting, preferred Your next move. Now that you know more about
being a Hospital Chaplain on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL
Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and
why you were called to it in the first place. Responsibilities and
Keywords: SCL Health, Denver , Chaplain PDM, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!