Milieu Therapist / Program Therapist
Posted on: November 26, 2022
***Training in Eating Disorders Provided***
Summary of Major Functions:
Provide and maintain structure for Partial Hospitalization Program
& Transitional Intensive Outpatient Program. Services include
conducting psycho-educational groups, facilitating meals and meal
processing, documentation, and encouraging a therapeutic
Job Type: Full Time; Non-Exempt (Hourly)
More about this opportunity: All the benefits you expect-PTO,
Health, Vision & Dental Insurance, 401(k) match, HSA & FSA, Company
Paid Life Insurance & Long Term Disability, Supplemental insurance
for full time positions
*The estimated compensation range displayed represents the typical
wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to
determine your actual salary may include your education level,
specific skills, years of experience and comparison to other
employees already in this role. The final salary could be higher or
lower than the reflected salary range posted.
Summarized Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates knowledge of and practice of effective counseling
skills and ability to build therapeutic rapport..
2. Facilitates meals with patients in a fashion consistent with
current policies and procedures. Models appropriate eating
behaviors during assigned mealtimes with patients.
3. Contributes clinical information and observations about patients
in weekly staffing.
4. Facilitates integration of new patients into the program by
demonstrating knowledge of all aspects of the clinical program.
5. Facilitates groups with expertise, demonstrating ability to
engage, set limits and monitor the group process.
6. Maintains group curriculum for psychoeducational groups
according to EDCare clinical standards.
7. Is creative in therapeutic interventions to maintain a safe,
supportive, clinically sound milieu.
8. Maintains daily program structure.
1. Master's degree in behavioral health field required.
2. Minimum of six months experience working in therapeutic milieu
3. Clinical conceptualization of the treatment of eating disorders
and dual diagnosis preferred.
4. Good oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
5. Treatment orientation that align with that of EDC, LLC
6. Ability to work as part of a team with coworkers preferred.
1. Must be able to effectively maneuver within an office scheduling
2. Minimum of intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint,
3. Must be able to efficiently learn and effectively work within an
electronic medical records system.
Are you looking to work with a high quality, collaborative team
within a privately held growing eating disorder company? Are you
passionate about patient recovery? Do you want compassionate,
enthusiastic and engaged co-workers? EDCare can provide this for
you and more!
EDCare, established in 2001, is a privately held, Joint Commission
Accredited eating disorder program with locations in Denver,
Colorado Springs, Kansas City and Omaha. We offer evidence-based
PHP, IOP (both adult and adolescent), and OP treatment for patients
struggling with various eating disorders. EDCare Denver also
specializes in eating disorders combined with our Specialty
Programs: Athletic, Substance Use, Binge Eating and Trauma.
Physical Demands and Environment:
Physical demands of this job include but are NOT limited to:
Sitting frequently, standing occasionally, walking occasionally,
talking occasionally, hearing constantly, seeing constantly,
reaching with arms and hands occasionally, crouching occasionally
and using fingers intricately. This position requires
lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds occasionally.
Environmental conditions of this job include but are NOT limited
95% inside, 99% normal temperature and 99% normal noise as expected
in a medical office environment.%17232038%
Keywords: EDCare, Denver , Milieu Therapist / Program Therapist, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!