Sr Environmental Test Engineer - Team Lead
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: September 24, 2022
About Us: At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast
resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to
solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges -
together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger
impact on the big picture. Job Summary: The Environmental Test (ET)
organization is seeking a subject matter expert in the field of
environmental testing to mentor and lead a small team of engineers.
Environmental Test is an engineering organization that supports all
missile programs across Raytheon Missiles and Defense division in
Tucson, AZ. The ET organization provides testing capability for
every phase of the product life cycle from prototype to production.
- Environmental testing includes mechanical shock, electrodynamic
vibration, salt fog, climatic environments such as temperature,
humidity, and altitude, high temperature quartz lamp testing,
structural testing, and custom instrumentation installations and
data acquisition support. The Test Engineer is responsible for
executing a variety of environmental tests while collaborating in
an integrated product team environment with fellow ET Test
Engineers, ET Support Engineers, and internal engineering
customers. The Test Engineer will work within the IP team to
develop the best methods for implementing tests to meet customer
requirements and is responsible for all aspects of the test
including test design and setup, equipment control and monitoring,
and data collection and analysis. The Test Engineer is responsible
for performing troubleshooting and adjustment of both the equipment
and test setup when technical issues arise. Responsibilities to
- Develop and verify test plans and procedures as well as review
plans and procedures written by others.
- Oversee and conduct vibration/shock and
temperature/altitude/humidity testing to validate models for the
purposes of new product qualification, production acceptance,
flight test clearance, engineering evaluations, and failure
- Oversee and conduct structural testing to validate models and
ensure safety margins.
- Oversee and conduct aero-thermal heating testing using quartz
lamps to simulate extreme heating environment during flight.
- Design, model, and analyze test fixtures.
- Assist in creating schedules and budgets.
- Implement engineering best practices to ensure testing is
performed accurately and on schedule. Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or
closely related STEM field (Preferred majors: Electrical,
Aerospace, or Mechanical) -and 5 years of prior relevant experience
OR an advanced degree and 3 years of relevant experience may be
considered for this role. -In absence of a degree, 9 years of
relevant experience is required . -A PhD can account for 5 years of
experience as required for this role.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience performing hands on
vibration testing using vibration controllers such as
Unholtz-Dickie, LMS, Vibration Research, Jaguar, or Crystal
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience with instrumentation
to include accelerometers, force transducers, thermocouples, strain
gages, load cells, or displacement transducers.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience with data
acquisition system hardware and software such as Dewesoft,
DEWETRON, Somat, or National Instrument's LabVIEW.
- Requires advanced knowledge of work area typically obtained
through advanced education combined with experience. May have
practical knowledge of project management. Practical to substantial
knowledge of RTX projects, programs or systems with the ability to
make enhancements and leverage in daily work.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance
prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S.
citizens are eligible for a security clearance. Qualifications We
- Masters or Ph.D. in the aforementioned degree field.
- Previous experience leading teams.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills including effective written,
verbal, and listening.
- High situational awareness and ability to effectively work
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience developing and evaluating requirements and able to
evaluate test issues and define solutions.
- Experience developing strategies in support of organizational
- Working knowledge of test equipment troubleshooting processes.
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career
journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total
rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation;
healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career
development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits
we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care. Additional Details: Clearance Information:
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security
clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security
clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office
(DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and
adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about
Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State
government website here:
#LinkedIn-Onsite Raytheon Technologies is An Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Denver , Sr Environmental Test Engineer - Team Lead, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!