Company: Maiker Housing Partners
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Maiker Housing Partners (MHP), the Public Housing Authority of
Adams County Colorado, disrupts poverty through the execution of
socially conscious community development. Maiker develops and
manages 17 affordable housing communities, as well as managing the
Housing Choice Voucher Program. Maiker strives to be a
member-centered organization, honoring the gifts, talents and
interests of those who receive services from Maiker. The Community
Organizer position is part of Maiker Housing Partners' Family and
Community Vitality (FCV) department. In addition to Community
Organizing and Engagement, FCV provides members with Community
Resource Navigation to access basic needs resources (such as food
assistance, mental health programs, two-generation family
development programs, etc.) and brings community partners on-site
to Maiker Housing Communities to support community members. This
position works collaboratively with the Community Engagement
Manager, Maiker residents (called members), Maiker staff, and
community partners to develop and support opportunities to ensure
strong and resilient community member connection, creating a sense
of belonging that will lead to strong community contribution and
leadership development of community members toward collective
action that address the interests of Maiker's community members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned. The following will be performed with strict
adherence to Maiker policies and procedures. Community Member
Engagement and Organizing
- In collaboration with the Community Engagement Manager and key
community partners, implement the Maiker community organizing model
with clarity and fidelity.
- Conduct community outreach and recruitment using a variety of
methods including on-site interactions, email, flyers and group
- Drive community member turnout and mobilization for specific
- Create opportunities to highlight member success stories.
- Develop new member engagement opportunities and connect members
to existing opportunities.
- With community member leaders, implement and support campaigns
to change policy and community conditions that improve their
- Provide training and information on key community issues,
advocacy skills, facilitation and group leadership skills.
- In collaboration with Community Resource Navigation Team
connect members to community resources as requested from
- Project Budget management.
- Assist with other duties assigned as necessary. Reporting and
- Use data collections systems and other methods to maintain
clear, organized, and accurate records of Maiker's community
membership activities and involvement and achieved outcomes.
- Track overall progress of organizing work plan goals.
- Complete reports for partners and funders as required.
- Provide analysis and reporting of community project progress
- Provide progress reports of program participants and community
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Education/Experience
- 3-5 years of lived experience of systemic marginalization
and/or 5+ years working with systemically marginalized
- At least 2 years of experience executing community engagement
projects or programs.
- Experience in neighborhood organizing focused on community
development issues such as housing and economic development is a
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and
- Bilingual in Spanish/English required Qualities and
- Have deep understanding and commitment to gender equity and
- Deep understanding and demonstrated skills in managing
vicarious and other forms of mental and emotional traumas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills- in English
(Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred)
- Versatile team member: strong self-starter and
- Has strong understanding of interpersonal boundaries
- Ability to listen to and see the strengths and skills of people
and to utilize them to bring about collaborative community
- Strong public speaking and facilitation skills
- Strong cultural humility with the ability to work effectively
in an environment with diverse cultures, multiple
- Ability to balance competing needs of individuals and
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions and decisions in a timely manner
- The ability to read, comprehend, and implement rules,
regulations, and procedures
- Fluent skills in mobile, social media and computer
- Passion for positive community change through community
empowerment and collaboration.
- Great organizational skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends Physical
- Regular computer use throughout the day, ability to sit for
lengthy periods of time
- Ability to stand and walk on hard surfaces, and go up and down
- Ability to lift/push/pull/carry various objects of 1 - 10
pounds frequently and 10 - 25 pounds occasionally
- Ability to reach to shoulder level and above
- Ability to bend at the hips and knees
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is
regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Keywords: Maiker Housing Partners, Denver , Community Organizer, Other , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!