Snowmaker - Winter Season
Company: Winter Park Resort
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in
Winter Park, CO.WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW Who We Are:At just 67
miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination
to Denver. Dont be fooled by our convenient location, though youll
feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the
Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter
Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and
unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a
lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a
change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience
waiting for you! Who We Are Looking For:Winter Park Resort is a
place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor
explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the
unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming
back for more.Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a
winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we
have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in? Perks &
Benefits:Theres more than a free season pass waiting for you! You
dont just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a
lifestyle. As a member of our team, youll enjoy a variety of perks
and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal
employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided! POSITION SUMMARY The Snowmaker I will follow all Winter
Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state,
and local), and all health and sanitation codes. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Pre-operation checkout and fueling of snowmobile.
- Show up for work in good condition.
- Receive instructions for shift from Supervisor/Controller.
- Preform basic grooming functions from
- Perform required work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Secure work site in a reasonably safe manner, (i.e. hoses
aligned properly, snowmobiles parked, snow guns placed safely and
- Inform Supervisor/Lead of scheduled jobs not completed.
- Inform mechanics of necessary repairs and/or service needed on
- Maintain accurate up-to-date logs on equipment used.
- Maintain a friendly, congenial, and helpful attitude while
effectively dealing with guests, mechanics, and other
- Practices safe methods for snowmobile, snow gun, and hydrant
and pump house functions.
- Report and correct, if possible, unsafe conditions regarding
equipment and area of work, or elsewhere on the area including pump
houses, snowmobiles, and snowmaking sections throughout the
- Housekeeping of assigned work/shop/equipment area.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Accurately recorded time swipes, hand written time cards,
machine write ups, and water read outs.
- Must be able to maintain a sustainable heath standard in fast
changing altitudes and workloads. This job description is an
overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be
an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution
of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position
may change. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Education:
- High School diploma or GED Experience:
- Experience in understanding the mechanics of snow movement and
snowmaking systems is desirable.
- Experience as snowmaker/skiing trail crew desirable.
- Flexibility with all snowmaking shifts. Qualifications and
- Possess a valid, non-restricted motor vehicle license.
- Able to work irregular hours and to maintain a high level of
caution and common sense while performing duties
- Have reliable transportation to work
- Skiing/snowboarding ability desired
- First aid desirable PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position will require to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works
is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold,snow, wind,
rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning,
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered
to be high. Often lifting a weight of 80 pounds throughout the day
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or
hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing,
andpainting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through
lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in
activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of
metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and
tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception. To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily - reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. OTHER DUTIES AS
ASSIGNED: This position description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution
of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may
change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During
these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and
willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer
others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of
Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation
of the resort and its associated lines of business. WAGE: The base
hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter
Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will
vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors
including but not limited to experience, education, training,
location, merit system, quantity or quality of production,
responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range
listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total
compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many
region-specific benefits. hourly pay range: $19.50-24 DOE AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment
opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We
do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of
age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other
status protected by state or local law. Winter Park Resort will
make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to
Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment,
including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline,
termination, and access to benefits and training. This job
description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this
document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an at will relationship.Required
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Denver , Snowmaker - Winter Season, Other , Parshall, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!