Senior Ground Systems Chief Engineer/Architect
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us. The Boeing Defense, Space and
Security (BDS), Ground Development and Mission Operations Division,
is seeking a Senior Ground Systems Chief Engineer/Architect (Level
6) to join our team in Seal Beach, CA, El Segundo, CA, Mesa, AZ,
Denver, CO, Chantilly, VA or Colorado Springs, CO. Our team creates
the next generation products and services for the BDS business
unit. We work with proprietary customers in the development of the
next-generation technologies in space. Our team focuses on rapid
prototyping to demonstrate a host of mission-focused technologies
for a variety of customers. Our group works all facets of
engineering from technology investment, concept development,
proposal writing, requirements and design, build, integration,
test, and demonstration of products in their relevant environments.
Position Overview: The Senior Grounds Systems Chief
Engineer/Architect will be a part of a high-performing team that
are immersed in high intensity projects. This role will be
responsible for providing leadership and guidance across the
GS&O portfolio of programs and projects in both development and
operations. The Ground Systems Chief Engineer/Architect is expected
to utilize project management and system engineering lifecycle
methods and standards such as traceability, system verification,
system validation, baseline descriptions, configuration management
and change control to develop first time quality system that is
operable and maintainable. The position is also expected to support
new business strategy and planning activities, support proposal
responses, and establish and maintain customer relationships as
well as partnerships with stakeholders, peers, partners and direct
reports. Position Responsibilities:
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to lead
activities to plan, design, develop and verify highly-complex
lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Guides others to evaluate customer/operational needs to define
system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and
assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program
- Leads analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or
- Leads analyses for affordability, safety, reliability,
maintainability, testability, human systems integration,
survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security,
regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties
quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission
- Develops designs and conducts research that results in new
requirements management methodologies or result in unique
approaches that mitigate assessment/review findings.
- Creates and implements strategic approaches for program and
business area decisions with insight into development of long-term
mission and architecture solutions.
- Leads modern Ground System infrastructures design and
architecture with emphasis on Cloud-based technologies.
- Understand the Risk Management Framework domain and work with
Cyber engineers on attaining Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Defines and validate ground system requirements and
- Develops and directs technical concepts and approaches in
proposals and task orders.
- Leads system level CONOPS development, functional analysis and
- Leads system level integration and validation planning.
- Leads development of analysis and simulation tools development
efforts for ground systems.
- Drives problems / issues to closure by utilizing engineering
best practices such as Root Cause & Corrective Action.
- Managing authority for ground system program including:
Statement of Work (SOW), EVM, Change Management, risk issues and
opportunities (RIO) and related processes as applicable.
- Improves team training and knowledge sharing of overarching
- Manages external customers and suppliers.
- Provides mentorship. Work Authorization: This position requires
an active/current U.S. Security Clearance with a Tier 5
Investigation (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background
Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully completed by the
federal government within the last 5 years or in a Continuous
Evaluation/Continuous Vetting program for the T5/SSBI. (A U.S.
Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is
considered active).Basic Qualifications (Required
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 15 years or more of experience with systems engineering
involving system requirements, functional decomposition and
allocation, system architecture, interface management, integrated
design, analysis, integration and test, and verification.
- 3 years or more of experience in ground and software
- 1 year or more of experience leading cross functional
- Experience leading projects or programs utilizing Earned Value
management and RIO management to drive program performance.
- 1 year or more of experience leading and driving proposal
efforts and business strategies. Preferred Qualifications (Desired
- Experience using Boeing Program Management Best Practices and
process and methods.
- Experience with agile process.
- Experience working across multiple programs.
- Strong leadership performance managing complex
- Experience with RMF ATO process.
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with DevSec Ops development. Typical Education &
Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through
advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in
engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
(e.g. Bachelor) and typically 20 or more years' related work
experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and
experience (e.g. PhD years' related work experience, Master years'
related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the
preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation:This position offers relocation based on candidate
eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal
candidates, based on candidate eligibility.).Drug Free
Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies. Eligible for 3ERP. Equal
Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: BOEING, Denver , Senior Ground Systems Chief Engineer/Architect, Other , Louisville, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!