Principal AWS Engineer
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Do you see yourself overseeing the creation of a platform,
architecting a cloud and corresponding organizational and cultural
changes? Are you looking to work with a team of talented
professionals who are keenly focused on automating complex business
problems and supporting product innovation with technology? If so,
you might be our next Principal Cloud Engineer, where you will work
with some of the best in the business using the latest and greatest
technologies, to drive automation at all stages of software
development, release, operations, and maintenance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership for building a high functioning
cloud engineering and services (security, automation) organization
that delivers high quality secure services.
- This role is able to perform solution design, architectural
review, implement proof-of-concepts, standardize solutions, and
develop operational hand-off of solutions
- Responsible for maturing the automation for building and
deploying cloud infrastructure using Infrastructure-As-Code
solutions and integrating infrastructure builds with security
controls for proactively detecting and handling
- Design solutions for improving Cloud Security posture and for
increased and automated enforcement of cloud security
- Enable broader adoption of High Availability (HA) and Disaster
Recovery ( DR) solutions for improving the resiliency of all Dish
- Work collaboratively with application architects, application &
analytics teams, and vendor partners for broader adoption of Cloud
Infrastructure and cloud engineering.
- Provides technical leadership within the area of expertise and
mentors junior engineers.
- Collaborate with teams and leadership within IT and with
business partners to advance our technical capabilities and provide
data solutions that drive business results
- Learn and keep pace with the latest advances in the field and
rapidly grasp new technologies to lead and support the environment
and project deliverables.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree (preferred) plus
10+ years of IT Experience
- 5+ years' experience in Enterprise Scale AWS environments
- Expert level proficiency with AWS services like EC2, RDS,
Lambda, ECS, EKS
- Highly experienced with Infrastructure-As-Code (IaC) automation
tools like Terraform.
- Proven experience working hands-on with AWS Identity and Access
- Solid understanding of AWS Cloud Security best practices
- Familiarity with Cloud security frameworks (NIST, CIS,
- Experience with OAuth2, SSO and Identify providers like Okta,
- 5+ years' software development experience in Java/Python
- 3+ years' hands on experience with Containers (Docker,
Kubernetes, EKS) and Serverless (AWS Lambda)
- 3+ years' experience with CI/CD & DevOps solutions (Jenkins,
- Highly passionate about Cloud Cost optimization solutions
- Technology or platform certifications (e.g. AWS, Microsoft)
Compensation: $115,500.00/Year - $165,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out
our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen,
which may include a drug test.Required
Keywords: DISH, Denver , Principal AWS Engineer, Other , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!