Delivery Lead - Denver
Company: World Wide Technology
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Why should you join WWT? Fueled by creativity and ideation,
World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture
future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous
benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT
constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable
growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our
employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside
the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced
technology solutions for our customers.Based in St. Louis, WWT
works closely with industry leaders such as Cisco, HPE, Dell EMC,
NetApp, VMware, Intel, AWS, Microsoft, and F5, focusing on three
market segments: Fortune 500 companies, service providers and the
public sector. WWT employs more than 7,800 people and operates in
more than 4+ million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing,
distribution and integration space strategically located throughout
the world. WWT is proud to announce that our CEO Jim Kavanaugh was
named by glassdoor as a top CEO during COVID.Want to work with
highly motivated individuals that come together to form high
performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a
Delivery Lead.World Wide Technology Application Services has an
opportunity available for a Delivery Lead. A Delivery Lead is a
leadership role working with software delivery teams and is focused
on delivery assurance. This role is responsible for managing
customer expectations, the flow of work from customers to delivery
teams, team health and optimization, assuring delivery of value,
and ensuring open lines of communication with the customer. We are
looking for a person who can provide leadership and customer
relationship management in a way that respects our self-organized
culture while at the same time ensuring consistent delivery and a
high functioning team.Primary Responsibilities
- Project Delivery - Successful project delivery is the number
one priority for the Delivery Lead. Ensure delivery milestones are
established and tracked, and delivery progress is forecasted and
communicated to the customer, team, and stakeholders. Deviations in
scope or timeline are appropriately communicated and escalated as
- Contract Management - Ensure all contract deliverables are met
within the timelines specified in the Statement of Work.
- Customer Liaison - Responsible for customer engagement as the
primary point of contact for the customer during project execution,
collaborating with the account manager as/when appropriate. Ensure
the customer is engaged appropriately throughout the delivery
lifecycle. Ensure the team is following established
- Define/Ensure project success - Collaborate with the customer
to define project success criteria and clearly communicate those
goals to the team. Review progress toward those goals on a regular
basis by determining specific metrics that the team should gather
and report. Hold teams accountable for achieving goals.
- Team Health and Composition - Ensure team health through
consistent team engagement; engage appropriate help to proactively
address issues. Assess team composition and recommend staffing
changes. Work with team members and their Performance Managers as
appropriate to enable individual professional success.
- Budget Management - Manage project budget, expenses, travel,
and financial forecast. Oversee project financials through review
of weekly reporting and escalate appropriately if there are
indications that financial targets will not be reached.
- Risk Management - Ensure that project risks are identified,
tracked, and communicated with the customer on a regular basis.
Where possible, implement mitigation strategies. Escalate risks to
leadership as appropriate if there are indications that targets
will not be reached. Coordinate dependencies and assess risks
across multi-team engagements (if applicable).
- Team Liaison - Serve as a liaison between the delivery team and
support teams. Remove roadblocks for the team as needed.
- Optimize Teams - Help teams organize themselves for optimal
delivery outcomes, including clearly defined boundaries for team
self-organization. Ensure the roles and responsibilities required
for success are defined and distributed throughout the team. Hold
teams accountable to follow the established Delivery
- Business Development - Assist with identifying new client
projects and scope changes requiring new and/or amended statements
of work.Required Background
- Leadership experience in an Agile software delivery
- Experience in customer relationship management
- Demonstrated ability helping Agile teams achieve delivery
outcomes and quantifiably improve delivery metrics
- Commitment to servant leadership and optimization of
- Understanding of and commitment to Agile values, principles,
- Understanding of project management practices
- Bachelors, Masters or MBA degree preferably in Computer Science
or Management Information Systems
- Able to support occasional domestic travel (up to -10%) in
support of project related activities which often include project
kickoffs, releases, meetings, and training. Additional travel may
be required for new hires for employee onboarding activities.
Travel is most often to client sites or to our
- Ability to give and receive feedback. A central part of living
our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct
feedback. We require and coach our employees on how to provide
constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and
leadership. This can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a
group setting, and one on one, and can involve topics ranging from
job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause
analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always
comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a
safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices
and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous
- Possesses a high level of Integrity. Acts ethically and is
above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability,
and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of
his/her colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are
unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
- Demonstrates Self-control. Manages his/her impulsive feelings
and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda.
Stays composed, positive and unflappable even in trying moments.
Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must be Flexible. Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting
priorities and rapid change. Is able to work collaboratively to get
things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of peers,
subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics to fit
fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees events.
- Is Optimistic. Demonstrates a positive mental attitude.
Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates
from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks
as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal
- Continuously Develops Others. Committed to the continuous
process of education and development of self and colleagues.
Acknowledges people's strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful
feedback and helps to identify others' needs for future growth and
improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an
- Able to Intuitively Understand the way people think and work.
Understands the forces that shape views and actions of clients,
customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and
- Models Leadership qualities. Articulates and arouses enthusiasm
for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Change. Recognizes the need for change and
removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need
for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its
- Fosters Excellence in Communication. Is effective in
give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their
message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens
well; seeks mutual understanding, and welcomes the sharing of
information fully. Fosters open communication and stays receptive
to bad news as well as good.Salary Band - 130,000 - 200,000 State
of ColoradoBenefitsThe well-being of WWT employees is essential.
So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best.
We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite
Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan
with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave,
Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal,
Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
- Visit our company web page at wwt.com for more information.WWT
has a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new
hires must be fully vaccinated before starting at WWT. Appropriate
religious and medical accommodations will be made and can be
discussed in the pre-hire process.WWT D&I StatementDiversity,
Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the
foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines,
we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We
believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT! Equal
Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Individuals with
Keywords: World Wide Technology, Denver , Delivery Lead - Denver, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!