RAN Operations Engineer - Now Hiring
Posted on: June 26, 2022
DISH is transforming the future of connectivity. We're doing it by
building the country's first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless
network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it's a
network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to
satisfy all the social, economic and transformative needs of the
Job Duties and Responsibilities
What you will be doing
Working in a 24/7 Service Support Center, the successful candidate
will provideoperations support with virtualized O-RAN systems
deployed nation-wide. Will quickly analyze service and system
issues, determine corrective actions and implement to restore
services. Will escalate complex issues to additional resources.
Will root-cause for failure and develop corrective actions.
Corrective actions can range from configuration changes to
developing new operational procedures. Will contribute to on-going
process improvement reviews using Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
metrics to eliminate errors, maximize hardware/software
efficiencies and increase service uptime leading to an overall
excellent customer experience.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Provides support with Market Teams to troubleshoot/resolve
complex issues with deployed RF and O-RAN systems.
- Engages and escalates issues with vendors when critical/time
sensitive support and resolution is required.
- Coordinates proposed changes with Certification Lab for
- Will produce updated technical specifications of system changes
and provide a comprehensive plan for release.
- Ensures solutions meet key criteria for CI/CD, system
orchestration and automation.
- Works with technical writers/engineers to document final
process configurations and MOPs.
- This position will provide on-call support on a rotational
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Skills and experience
The successful RAN Operations Engineer I will have:
- BS Engineering or technical degree or an equivalent combination
of highly related experience and education.
- 2+ years of experience in the wireless industry
- Basic understanding and experience in 5G ORAN split functions
(7-2x, RU, DU, CUCP, CUUP)
- Basic understanding and experience in C-RAN, V-RAN software
architectures in a virtualized environment.
- Extensive understanding of RF Radio operations over eCPRI
interfaces. Includes CSR, DU and timing configurations.
- Extensive understanding of software systems/services running
virtualized O-RAN functions.
- Understanding of latency considerations and issues from gNB to
Data Center locations.
- Understanding and experience with virtualized networks,
orchestration and automation across a large network
- Thorough understanding of RAN/O-RAN architecture described in
3GPP standards (Rel 15 & 16).
Compensation: $65,800.00/Year - $108,100.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out
our benefits on our careers website .
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a
pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.Required
Keywords: DISH, Denver , RAN Operations Engineer - Now Hiring, Other , Lakewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!