Systems Engineer IV - Systems Operations
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Systems Engineer IV is a multi-tier operations engineering,
design development & solution deployment position. This role is
responsible for identifying best practices and establishing Charter
standards for the video control and encryption infrastructure
involving video services and driving consistent deployment of these
design standards across Charter Communications serving area. This
role interacts with the Video Design and Engineering, Product,
Programming, Video Support Center & other Video Operations Teams.
The role is responsible for setting the technical architecture and
development direction across a set of internal business
applications, leading cross functional technical development teams,
delivering business critical projects while maintaining high
morale, managing the operational activities in an efficient and
professional manner and ensuring all team targets are met as
advised by Video Operations leadership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and
enhance the company's video control plane and encryption (Digital
Addressable Controller, Network Encryptors, APEX QAMs, APEX Bulk
Encryptors, OM, RPD, ARPD, Network Controllers, and Transaction
Encryption Device) systems.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into
complete network configurations.
- Provide leadership for testing new firmware, software, and
hardware supporting Charters video solutions.
- Develop and implement method of procedure (MOP) in conjunction
with functional, performance, and business requirements provided by
product and engineering teams for video control plane and
- Evaluate, select, and deploy new test tools and automation
- Study future technology developments and formulate associated
- timely and accurate information and status updates to
- Provide day to day leadership, mentoring, and technical
guidance to team members.
- Develop and implement development standards, policies, and
- Understand and define technical roadmap within Video Operations
to ensure sound technical solutions.
- Ensure projects are accurately estimated and delivered
according to schedule.
- Work with the field on the implementation of video network
- Work with vendors and Engineering to resolve issues and design
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.BASIC / MINIMUM
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum six (6) years of engineering work experience.
- Minimum four (4) years of video control plane and encryption
- Minimum four (4) years of project management
experience.ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of Unix and Linux systems with focus on system
- Knowledge of ACLs, firewalls, and load balancing; both physical
- Knowledge of IGMP, IP unicast, IP multicast, REST API, RPC,
VOD, SDV, and JIRA.
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, TFTP, NTP and other critical, service
- Experience with network and element management systems, Arris
(DAC) and/or CISCO (DNCS) video delivery systems.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills, use of instrumentation
tools (within Commscope/Arris Ecosystem). Able to effectively lead
an outage bridgePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge in scripting and automation configuration techniques
for the telecommunications industry.
- Knowledge of server compute, network attached storage,
virtualization, containers, and as a service concept in a public,
private and hybrid implementations / environments.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and lead technical group
discussions; such as, monitoring, engineering, designs,
configurations, life cycle management, automation strategy,
- Capable of self-managing time and priorities in a fast-paced
- Experience in improving Video Operations system metrics
#LI-AK ISY308-VIDEO 314539 314539BR
Here, employees dont just have jobs, they build careers. Thats why
we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards
employees for their contributions to our success, supports all
aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage
The pay for this position has a salary range of $85,900.00 to
$152,300.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide
range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience
and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional
forms of compensation such as bonuses.Required
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Systems Engineer IV - Systems Operations, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!