Principal Compute Engineer
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States
by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Networks, Spectrum
Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, youre joining a
strong community of more than 95,000 individuals working together
to serve more than 31 million customers in 41 states. Watch this
video to learn more.
The Charter Technical Engineering Center (CTEC) facilities in
Englewood, CO oversees the design and architecture of Charters
multi-billion dollar network infrastructure. We investigate,
select, develop, and integrate technologies and solutions that meet
the needs of the company for short, medium and long term
initiatives. This includes the delivery of the technology plan and
future architecture for Voice, Video, Data, Optical, Commercial,
Cloud, CPE, Network and Access.
Ideal candidate will be responsible for on-premise server
infrastructure evaluation scheduling and planning, infrastructure
QA and test automation, and infrastructure lifecycle management.
Additional responsibilities will include gap analysis and feature
enhancement recommendations for current and existing platforms, to
ensure operational stability expectations are met or exceeded for
application owner service delivery. Directly interface with other
product owners internal to the team, including SAN storage,
virtualization, microservices and network teams. Participate with
cross-functional and cross-organization teams to develop solutions
and strategies for Charters Software Defined Data Center. We are
currently operating in a hybrid environment (in office and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and maintain existing lab infrastructure leveraging
defined ticketing and resource scheduling processes.
- Continuous evaluation of new and existing server infrastructure
capabilities and features, to ensure requirements are met for both
existing applications and new product services.
- Contributes to architectural discussions, with both internal
and external peers, to ensure proposed solutions are meeting
business and operational needs.
- Collaborates with other engineering and operational
organizations to understand unmet requirements and challenges, and
- Responsible for automating the compute and storage
certification, bare metal provisioning automation, domain specific
- Sets standards for approved infrastructure deployments and
- Works with leadership to refine and effect current
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering and/or
related and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum eight years of experience administrating, integrating
and designing data center infrastructure solutions including server
hardware, virtualization platforms, SAN switching, storage
technologies, basic networking and Cloud Management Platforms.
- Minimum eight years of experience designing both physical and
virtual solutions for cloud architectures leveraging both blade and
rack mount server platforms.
- Minimum eight years of experience designing and engineering
Software Defined Data Center solutions for workload optimization
- Minimum four years of experience with Cisco UCS B-Series
infrastructure and UCS Manager.
- Working knowledge of Workflow Orchestration platforms, and
Container technologies including Kubernetes and Docker.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to
communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the
phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward,
and professional manner
- Can clearly and professionally communicate with peers and
solution vendors, both in person and through approved electronic
- Ability to schedule and coordinate multiple projects,
communicate project requirements and objectives, and defend design
decisions based on findings.
- Ability to meet deliverable objectives with minimal
- Understanding of Telco or related service provider services and
- Understanding of infrastructure logging and monitoring
solutions, for alerting and reporting.
- Experience with automated builds of new datacenter
infrastructure deployments leveraging Workflow Automation
- Experience with CMP service catalog creation.
- Experience with Object Storage solutions.
- Certifications including Cisco CCNP Data Center, Linux
Foundation Certified Engineer, Linux Foundation Kubernetes
Administrator, VMWare VCP and NetApp Certified Data
Masters or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or
related work experience
Related Work Experience / Number of Years
Engineering work experience / 5-10
Project management work experience / 5-10
Office environment (hybrid - mixed in office and remote)
#LI-LYR EGN601 308197 308197BR
Here, employees dont just have jobs, they build careers. Thats why
we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards
employees for their contributions to our success, supports all
aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage
The pay for this position has a salary range of $107,600.00 to
$191,200.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide
range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience
and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional
forms of compensation such as bonuses.Required
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Principal Compute Engineer, Other , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!