Survey Crew Chief - Civil
Company: Martin-Martin Inc
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Martin/Martin, Inc. is seeking a Survey Crew Chief to join our
survey team in our Lakewood, Colorado office. The position will
include ALTA surveys, boundary surveys, design surveys, building
monitoring and construction staking. Most work is in the Denver
Metro area, but occasional travel may be required. Martin/Martin is
a leading civil and structural engineering consulting firm that is
client focused and employee centered. About Martin/Martin, Inc.
Martin/Martin, Inc. is a full-service civil and structural
engineering and surveying firm, operating from Colorado since the
1940s. Growing steadily over the last decade, Martin/Martin is
about exciting projects, shared ownership, informed staff and a
commitment to quality that keeps clients returning to us time after
time. Our services are provided to municipalities, public, and
private redevelopment entities, architects, homebuilders, state and
federal agencies, land developers and special districts in
Colorado, across the United States, and in other countries.
- Competitive Pay
- Extended Vision Coverage
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Earned Parental Leave Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company Paid Continuing Education
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Coverage
- Life, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Plan Company Match and Profit Sharing (when appropriate)
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Committee Involvement (Innovation, Diversity and Inclusion,
- Extensive Employee Events (outings, picnics, golf, and ski
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Internal Continuing Education and Training
- On-Site Workout Facilities
- Community Involvement (Martin/Martin Gives Back Program)
- PE License Reimbursement
- Working on the Best Projects Duties and Responsibilities
Include: The following duties are illustrative only and are not
intended to be all-inclusive.
- Takes charge in field of boundary, location, topo,
construction, control, and specialized surveys.
- Returns comprehensive field notes and written history of field
survey to office.
- Reviews final drawings produced by Survey Technicians to ensure
drawing is complete and accurate.
- Performs calculations necessary for construction staking and
- Trains and supervises crew members. Requirements:
- Graduation from High School or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License and violation record acceptable
to the companies Auto Insurance carrier.
- Ability to drive both short and long distances.
- Four years field experience in position of instrument
- Working knowledge of algebra, trigonometry, geometry, and
geodetic control procedures. Desired Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of field practice and theory.
- Good working knowledge of general surveying principles and
- Familiarity with equipment and methods, including duties of
- Mastery of mathematics and geometry skills.
- Bachelor's degree or Associate degree in survey or civil
- Land Surveyor Intern (LSI).
- Professional Land Surveyors license (PLS). COVID-19 full
vaccination (as defined by the CDC) is required for new employees.
Proof of vaccination (or a request for medical/religious exemption)
shall be provided to HR one week prior to negotiated start date.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position at this
time. Please note that due to the volume of applications received,
we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the status
of your application. Martin/Martin, Inc. is dedicated to the
principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful
discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age
40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic
information, military or veteran status, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status
protected by state or local law. PI174972822
Keywords: Martin-Martin Inc, Denver , Survey Crew Chief - Civil, Other , Lakewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!