Systems Engineer II - Video Tools and Automation
Posted on: January 16, 2022
JOB SCOPEThe Systems Engineer II participates and supports in
planning, design, development, implementation, and execution of
innovative application and platform solutions designed to support
new or existing Video Operations ecosystems. Projects are usually
complex and require a strong knowledge of development tools.
General understanding of Video technologies and problem statements.
Works in most phases of a project and reviews the work of peers.
Performs maintenance and provides technical assistance and advice
on existing software solutions.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for developing, testing, and debugging new software
and / or make enhancements to existing software.
- Develop and perform unit, integration testing of software to
ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and
- Participates in code review sessions to validate adherence with
- Develops and maintains technical documentation
- Collaborates with customers, internal and cross-departmental
technical teams to identify software problems and communicate
- Maximizes the efficiency of the various software systems by
implementing, monitoring, testing and auditing new software
- Participates in continuous performance improvement sessions to
discuss opportunities to improve processes or standards
- Follows established configuration/change control processes
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.BASIC / MINIMUM
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in software development
and design methodologies or DevOps.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in Object Oriented
Programming languages which may include, but not limited to Python,
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with Linux, Unix, or MAC
operating systems or environments and configurations.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in design/ optimization and
troubleshooting of SQL, NoSQL
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working in an agile
environment.ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of virtualization and containerization tools such as
Docker / Kubernetees or VirtualBox / VMware
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols, concepts and Services
(e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, OSI network layers, DNS, DHCP)
- Basic Knowledge of video delivery technologies, ecosystems and
- Basic understanding of software design patterns and
- Basic knowledge of monitoring tools such as Splunk or the
Elasticsearch (ELK) stack.
- Ability to identify measures or indicators of system
performance and the actions needed to improve or correct
performance, relative to the goals of the system
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team as well as manage
- Good technical knowledge of the Information Technology field
and computer systems
- Demonstrated communication skills (written, interpersonal,
presentation), with the ability to easily and effectively interact
and negotiate with business stakeholders
- Creative and abstract thinking skills to envision and design
innovative solutions to business opportunities and challenges
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and
deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal
- Ability to listen and evaluate all opinions without bias, and
contribute to a common culture of excellencePREFERRED
- Awareness of developing solutions that assist in automating
video devices (Encoders, Packagers, IP Devices, STBs) in the video
- ?Special consideration if experience is within the video
delivery ecosystem (i.e. encoding, encryption, transport,
packaging, VOD, SDV, OSS, etc.)
- Technical/basic understanding of linear and IP video delivery
- Knowledge / experience performing requirements gathering,
analysis, and documentation
- Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Good design, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership ISY340-VIDEO
Here, employees don 't just have jobs, they build careers. That 's
why we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards
employees for their contributions to our success, supports all
aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage
The pay for this position has a minimum of $73,100.00. The actual
salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of
factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and
location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms
of compensation such as bonuses.
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Systems Engineer II - Video Tools and Automation, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!