Posted on: January 16, 2022
Responsible for leading the engineering activities that evaluate
cyber security risk and potential security threats to the company's
ISP, Video, Voice, software and cloud systems. This position will
work closely with network engineering, video engineering, product
groups and technical operations staff performing cyber security
risk assessment and management of existing and new business
technologies and tools improve security operations, risk management
processes and as security threats and vulnerabilities are detected
and coordinate the response to mitigate and remediate the threat to
Charter 's network. Assessor will be a part of a team that conduct
's the threat management and risk assessment processes for network
security operations and communicate to executive leadership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recommend and implement processes and controls through risk
assessment that establish appropriate governance structures for
managing risk according NIST and other frameworks.
- Advise and provide consulting on security
- Actively advises on and evaluates the impact of cyber
- Recommend design security processes and solutions used by
Network Security Operations.
- Develop security requirements for new projects and perform the
security risk assessments prior to going into production.
- Perform and coordinate engagements with 3rd party service
providers to perform ongoing security testing on critical
- Ensure compliance with security standards, policies and
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Security or
related field and/or related work experience
- Minimum of Eight (8) years of IT/Network Engineering
- Minimum of Eight (8) years of Cyber Security experience
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to
communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the
phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward,
and professional manner.
- Established ability to plan, structure and execute on extended
efforts and across multiple teams, including the demonstrated
ability to communicate effectively and delegate tasks to junior
- Established knowledge of Automated Deployment, Secure
Configuration management, and compliance validation tools
- Established knowledge and management of ACLs, Firewalls,
Intrusion Prevention and Detections, and load balancing.
- Established knowledge and application of industry standard risk
management frameworks including NIST, ISO, CSRIC, etc.
- Established knowledge of identity management frameworks and
technologies, including but not limited to user and privileged
- Established knowledge of security controls for server compute,
network attached storage, virtualization, and containers in a data
center and cloud implementations.
- Established ability to facilitate and contribute to technical
group discussions such as security monitoring or automation
- Established sound business knowledge of disciplines outside of
designated technical domain.
- Proficient knowledge of network and system security
vulnerabilities and exploits. Must understand what is required to
prevent security exploits, how to detect security attacks and
anomalies and how to respond to security incidents and
- Experience with network security design, network security
architecture, TCP/IP protocols and topology.
- Related experience in conducting risk assessments across the
organization, mission and business processes.
- Proficient knowledge in cloud based applications, platforms and
- Must be a problem solver, able to balance competing priorities,
have a strong process orientation and be able to manage through
complexity and rapid change.
- Understanding of -ownership - of a project/program and the
ability to execute on that with accountability.
- Exhibit leadership skills working with cross-functional
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) with cybersecurity solutions and
critical controls as you will be expected to consult and perform
assessments against these items and architecture.
- Have information security experience in a variety of industries
and company types to show a depth and breadth of security
- Excellent verbal communication and written composition skills
with experience and confidence providing reports and consultation
to internal clients and executive level staff.
- A keen ability to discuss, consult on, and drive solutions
around the Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) which is a comprehensive
compilation of all the relevant subjects a security professional
should be familiar with.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Current security certifications, such as CISSP, ISACA, and SANS
GIAC. Firewall, Intrusion Detection Systems, and/or other security
- Information Security Risk Management
- Cyber-security ConsultingWORKING CONDITIONS
- Office Environment
- May require some weekends and evening shift work
- Minimal Travel Required ESE601-APO 295460 295460BR
Here, employees don 't just have jobs, they build careers. That 's
why we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards
employees for their contributions to our success, supports all
aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage
The pay for this position has a minimum of $107,600.00. The actual
salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of
factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and
location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms
of compensation such as bonuses.
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , IT Security, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!