Network Systems Engineer
Company: Palantir Technologies
Posted on: January 16, 2022
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we're passionate about building software that solves
problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the
world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software
has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines,
gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types
of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Do you enjoy all things Radio Frequency? Do you skim vendor
hardware releases for new 802.11 standards support? Have you made
the impossible possible through lateral thinking and sheer
determination? Saw a product you've never logged into before and
dove in? If so, then you're ready for the next adventure with our
team as a Network Systems Engineer - Wireless.
As a member of the Network Engineering team, you will be deeply
involved in our mission to continue the evolution of Palantir's
network services to prepare us for the known and unknown demands.
As our wireless Subject Matter Expert (SME) you will be responsible
for architecting, operating and troubleshooting our Global Office
* Architect and operate Wi-Fi offerings for all Palantir
* Collaborate with fellow engineers on deploying resilient and
scalable network architecture with minimal downtime.
* Troubleshoot operational issues in the infrastructure, including
* Learn both on the job as well as through clear development plans
to help create solutions to complex technological challenges.
What We Value
* Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make
decisions with minimal supervision.
* Experience in RF (Radio Frequency) planning, Wi-Fi roaming
protocols, standards, and .11 protocol.
* Experience with 802.1x authentication.
* Knowledge and hands-on experience of LAN (wired & wireless), WAN,
and Firewall environments; understanding of OSI Layers from
physical to application.
* Experience with public cloud service providers (e.g. AWS,
Microsoft Azure, etc.).
* Experience with VPN technology (GRE, IPSec/SSL VPNs).
* Proficiency in a language such as Python (preferred), Go, Shell
and/or RESTful systems.
* Experience with Terraform, Ansible, or other Automation
* Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Life and disability coverage
* Paid leave for new parents and emergency back-up care for all
* Family planning support, including fertility, adoption, and
* Stipend to help with expenses that come with a new child
* Commuter benefits
* Relocation assistance
* Unlimited paid time off
* 2 weeks paid time off built into the end of each year
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas
of Palantirians' lives. We work to continuously improve our
offerings and listen to our community as we design and update them.
The list below details our available benefits and some of the perks
that can be enjoyed as an employee of Palantir Technologies.
The starting salary for this position is estimated to be $100,000
year. Total compensation includes approximately $10,000/year of
equity compensation in the form of Restricted Stock Units, based on
the recent value of the company's stock at the time of grant.
Further note that total compensation for this position will be
determined by candidate's relevant qualifications, work experience,
skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any
potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the
potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity,
and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians
share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these
values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds,
perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the
world's hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a
protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or
other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations
to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the
United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster
supplement for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process
accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability
(visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process,
please reach out and let us know how we can help.
Keywords: Palantir Technologies, Denver , Network Systems Engineer, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!