Systems Engineer III - Operations Systems Support
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Implement/support/upgrade/troubleshoot various critical production
applications in a Unix environment. This position will include
on-call duties as assigned. Consistent with a 24 X 7 Operations
environment, periodic cell phone availability will be necessary to
respond to escalated issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and troubleshoot centralized and remote applications
for issues. Analyze and take corrective action as necessary to
ensure application(s) are up and running and are no longer
impacting customers. Correlate various symptoms and identify the
core issue. Assist in performing Root Cause Analysis.
- Create, review, and approve MOPs.
- Work on projects/systems/issues of medium complexity
surrounding configuration, automation, and optimization.
- Be on rotation to do deployments to up keep systems and
complete application upgrades, apply patches, etc. during
- Ability to analyze logs and identify specific problem areas in
the applications. Experience in working with Splunk/Elastic
- Comfortable communicating and working with various teams to
assess/troubleshoot/resolve issues as necessary.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal
regulations, as applicable.
- Understands and follows company policy.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to ensure 24x7
availability of applications
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.BASIC /
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of Network Engineering experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience supporting large scale
services on a Unix platform.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience supporting critical 24/7
Unix-based production applications and distributed
services.ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with tasks involved in the day-to-day deployment,
operation, monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of
medium/large enterprise scale applications.
- Strong experience with at least one Unix-based OS. Experience
with RedHat is a plus
- Ability to support SNMP polling of DataCenter, Network, Access
and Service Support appliances such as NTP, PTP, and Speedtest
- Ability to implement automation and orchestration tools:
Ansible, Chef, HPOO desired.
- Ability to support network troubleshooting : Routing, DNS,
- Ability to build out an managed Servers (Centos, RHEL) on VM
and Physical hardware, and navigate via CLI (creating directories
files, modifying code files/directories, security on host
- Scripting and/or programming skills (e.g. shell, Perl, PHP,
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL desired.
- Familiarity with Application Performance Monitoring systems
(Datadog, AppDynamics) desired.
- Experience with data/log mining tools (Splunk, Elastic)
- Working knowledge on Git, Remedy, Atlassian suite (JIRA,
Confluence), and Grafana is an added advantage. ISY350-APO 301166
Here, employees don 't just have jobs, they build careers. That 's
why we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards
employees for their contributions to our success, supports all
aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage
The pay for this position has a minimum of $76,800.00. The actual
salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of
factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and
location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms
of compensation such as bonuses.
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Systems Engineer III - Operations Systems Support, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!