Principal Engineer I - Systems Operations
Posted on: January 16, 2022
JOB SCOPEThe Principal Engineer I is a multi-tier operations
engineering, design development & solution deployment position.
This role is responsible for identifying best practices and
establishing Charter standards for the video control and encryption
infrastructure involving video services and driving consistent
deployment of these design standards across Charter Communications
serving area. This role interacts with the Video Design and
Engineering, Product, Programming, Video Support Center & other
Video Operations Teams. The role is responsible for setting the
technical architecture and development direction across a set of
internal business applications, leading cross functional technical
development teams, delivering business critical projects while
maintaining high morale, managing the operational activities in an
efficient and professional manner and ensuring all team targets are
met as advised by Video Operations leadership.DUTIES AND
- Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and
enhance the company's video control plane and encryption (Digital
Addressable Controller, Network Encryptors, APEX QAMs, APEX Bulk
Encryptors, OM, RPD, ARPD, Network Controllers, and Transaction
Encryption Device) systems.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into
complete network configurations.
- Provide leadership for testing new firmware, software, and
hardware supporting Charter's video solutions.
- Develop and implement method of procedure (MOP) in conjunction
with functional, performance, and business requirements provided by
product and engineering teams for video control plane and
- Evaluate, select, and deploy new test tools and automation
- Study future technology developments and formulate associated
- timely and accurate information and status updates to
- Provide day to day leadership, mentoring, and technical
guidance to team members.
- Develop and implement development standards, policies, and
- Understand and define technical roadmap within Video Operations
to ensure sound technical solutions.
- Ensure projects are accurately estimated and delivered
according to schedule.
- Work with the field on the implementation of video network
- Work with vendors and Engineering to resolve issues and design
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.BASIC / MINIMUM
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum eight (8) years of engineering work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of video control plane and encryption
- Minimum five (5) years of project management
experience.ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of Unix and Linux systems with focus on system
- Knowledge of ACLs, firewalls, and load balancing; both physical
- Knowledge of IGMP, IP unicast, IP multicast, REST API, RPC,
VOD, SDV, and JIRA.
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, TFTP, NTP and other critical, service
- Experience with network and element management systems, Arris
(DAC) and/or CISCO (DNCS) video delivery systems.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills, use of instrumentation
tools (within Commscope/Arris Ecosystem). Able to effectively lead
an outage bridgePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge in scripting and automation configuration techniques
for the telecommunications industry.
- Knowledge of server compute, network attached storage,
virtualization, containers, and "as a service" concept in a public,
private and hybrid implementations / environments.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and lead technical group
discussions; such as, monitoring, engineering, designs,
configurations, life cycle management, automation strategy,
- Capable of self-managing time and priorities in a fast-paced
- Experience in improving Video Operations system metrics
EGN601-VIDEO 293136 293136BR Here, employees don't just have jobs,
they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a
comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for
their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their
well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.The pay
for this position has a minimum of $107,600.00. The actual salary
offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of
factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and
location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms
of compensation such as bonuses.
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Denver , Principal Engineer I - Systems Operations, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!