DPS Liaison - Bilingual Spanish Preferred
Company: Mental Health Center of Denver
Posted on: November 23, 2021
EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: -Mental Health Center of Denver
provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career
in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the
diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we
serve in everything we do. COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS:
-The Mental Health Center of Denver values and is strengthened by
diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in
our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our
organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment,
transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status. - COMMITMENT TO PAY EQUITY: -Mental Health Center of Denver
is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on
relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and
certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the
principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within
defined hiring salary ranges. - We ask all applicants to carefully
review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as
we will not hire outside the predetermined range. BENEFITS
STATEMENT: -All full-time, benefits eligible employees will be
eligible for MHCD's benefits plan. For a full description of
benefit offerings, please visit: -. COVID VACCINATION NOTICE:
-Under the COVID-19 mandate issued by the Denver Department of
Public Health and Environment on August 2, 2021, current MHCD
personnel must be fully vaccinated, or be approved for exemption,
no later than September 30, 2021. "Fully vaccinated" means two
weeks (14 days) after receiving the final dose of vaccine. The
"final dose" is the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or
Moderna) or the single dose of a one dose vaccine (J&J). -
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of
Denver: - SALARY RANGE: CMI - $20.07/hr. - $24.11/hr. (Bachelor's
degree) CMII - $22.00/hr. - $26.42/hr. (Master's Degree) - POSITION
SUMMARY: -Provide office and milieu-based direct care and
intervention for children primarily ages 6 to 14 within grades 1st
-through 8th -enrolled at Skyline Academy, an intensive day
treatment program at the Mental Health Center of Denver. In
collaboration with the Teachers, Therapists, fellow Milieu Staff,
Unit Manager, Special Education Coordinator, and Program Manager,
provide a combination of exemplary clinical care and educational
support. The approach of the team is characterized by being
strengths-based, family-centered, culturally proficient and
community responsive. This position provides trauma informed care,
ensures a safe environment, helps lead and facilitate programming,
and provides intensive milieu support of students to ensure
successful achievement of educational goals while supporting mental
health treatment needs. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Proficiency in Spanish language preferred.
- Actively supervise and interact with students in the classroom
and milieu according to structured daily schedule.
- Provide a supportive and structured environment for students in
order to promote growth and ensure safety.
- Provide direct behavior modification interventions and
instruction to students on social, emotional and daily living
skills in alignment with clinical treatment goals.
- Provide academic assistance, guide lessons, and co-teach
students as needed with direction and supervision from Special
- Help lead and actively participate in school and therapeutic
- Intervene with students in crisis, utilizing approved crisis
intervention strategies and de-escalation techniques.
- Follow program guidelines for physical intervention and
management utilizing Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) to keep
students, self and others safe at all times.
- Model and teach conflict resolution skills to students.
- Complete required clinical documentation per program standards
including, but not limited to daily progress notes, student
behavioral contracts, classroom rosters, attendance, incident
reports and physical management documentation.
- Communicate with parents/guardians regularly to ensure
engagement and collaboration to reach student goals.
- Implement therapeutic interventions developed by the treatment
team in collaboration with Skyline teachers, therapists, service
coordinators, and psychiatric providers.
- Plan and facilitate student activities including field trips,
recreational activities, and groups.
- Ensure environment is clean and well maintained.
- Transport clients as needed to field trips and community
- Administer medications and complete required
- Attend and actively contribute to all required team meetings,
staffings, and training.
- Support students discharging from Day Treatment services at
- Attending a transition meeting with the new school, youth and
- Attending classes/lunch with the student at the new school as
- Collaborating with staff at the new school about successful
interventions and techniques for the youth as appropriate.
- Supporting the family with any case management needs including
connecting to a new therapy provider, education advocate, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Unit Manager or Program Manager
of Skyline Academy. - REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION: -Bachelor's or
Master's degree in psychology, social work, or other related human
services degree. -
- Physical and TB test prior to starting position.
- QMAP, CPR and First Aid Certifications within the first 6
months of employment.
- Training and certification in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
(TCI) will be a required component, this training will be offered
by the Mental Health Center of Denver. - EXPERIENCE: One year
experience in mental health or human services preferred. Prefer
candidates with milieu programming or serving children with
behavioral issues. Prior experience working with children in a
classroom that provides clear expectations and follow-through in an
educational and therapeutic environment, or an Affective Needs
classroom is strongly preferred. - Candidates with experience in
Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) or other crisis intervention
frameworks are also preferred. SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Proficiency in Spanish language preferred
- Ability to adapt, problem-solve and communicate in a
fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Strong communication skills with diverse individuals
- Self-motivated and directed, demonstrate strong
- Demonstrated engagement skills with children, youth, family
members and other professionals
- Ability to assess needs of children in a direct care setting
and interface with the treatment team
- Ability to intervene calmly and purposefully in difficult
situations and/or crisis situations
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse
- Knowledge or ability to learn, understand and apply
trauma-informed care principles/practices.
- Knowledge of community and available resources. - SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES: - - - - -None PHYSICAL REQIUREMENTS: - - Requires
sitting, standing, bending and reaching, assisting students and
staff within classroom environment. - May require lifting up to 50
pounds, and occasionally require physical intervention with
students. - - Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate
standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the
telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment. - - TYPICAL
MENTAL DEMANDS: Ability to give, receive and analyze information,
formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate
goals and action plans. Must understand people from all walks of
life and be able to communicate effectively with them. WORKING
CONDITIONS: - May require occasional evening hours depending on
program and consumer needs.
Keywords: Mental Health Center of Denver, Denver , DPS Liaison - Bilingual Spanish Preferred, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!