Senior DevOps Engineer
Company: Alterra Mountain Company (HQ)
Posted on: October 14, 2021
AUTHENTICITY | PASSION | COMMUNITY | INNOVATION |
Alterra Mountain Company is a family of 15 iconic year-round
destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation,
offering the Ikon Pass, the new standard in season passes. The Ikon
Pass connects the most iconic mountains across North America,
Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Chile, delivering authentic,
memorable snow adventures. Alterra Mountain Company owns and
operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real estate
development, food and beverage, retail, and service businesses.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with destinations across the
continent, Alterra Mountain Company is rooted in the spirit of the
mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra
Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans six U.S.
states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park
Resort in Colorado; Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, June
Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton and
Sugarbush in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in
Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington;
Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH
Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. Also
included in the portfolio is Alpine Aerotech, a worldwide
helicopter support and maintenance service center in British
Columbia, Canada. Alterra Mountain Company honors each
destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the
legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to
A career with Alterra Mountain Company is more than what you do
today; it’s being part of creating a community rooted in the spirit
of the mountains, united by a passion for adventure, and
celebrating the legendary adventures and enduring memories that
mountains bring to everyone.
BESIDES WORKING SOMEWHERE AWESOME, WHAT’S IN IT FOR
- Free skiing + riding privileges across the family of Alterra
Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their
dependents. And, discounted rates at non Alterra-owned Ikon Pass
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) policy for eligible employees to rest,
relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, rental cars,
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Discounted tuition with partner online university for all
Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Commuter benefits (Denver employees only)
- Brand new Alterra Mountain Company office located in Denver’s
RiNo Art District neighborhood
Seeking experienced DevOps Engineer to provide systems and
infrastructure support to the company’s agile software development
processes. Coordinates with developers, QA engineers, and
systems administrators, and administers infrastructure for build,
test, and release. Supports environments from development to
production, for custom e-commerce, web, and backend applications.
Manages server and network infrastructure to provide a stable,
secure, and robust platform for company applications.
Alterra Mountain Company is open to this position being remote,
located in any of the following states: CO, WA, CA, OH, WI, OR, TX,
NV, UT, GA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Design, build, and maintain server and network infrastructure
in cloud platform (primarily on Azure, additionally on AWS). Ensure
platform performance, stability, and security.
- Administer tools and services running scalable e-commerce
websites: IIS web hosting, web content management systems (Sitecore
and Sitefinity CMS), content distribution network (Incapsula,
Cloudfront CDN), web application firewall and security (Imperva,
AWS WAF, Palo Alto), application monitoring (New Relic, Azure
Monitor, Cloudwatch, SCOM), caching (Redis), DNS (Route53), and
version control (Github).
- Administer environments and tools for software development,
deployment (TeamCity, Octopus, Jenkins, MSDeploy), and
- Support integration with internal and external tools and data.
Administer object relational mapping.
- Contribute to high performance and availability of websites and
- Support developers in quickly creating new projects,
environments, and deployment pipelines.
- Automate and optimize processes to reduce manual workload
(PowerShell, Azure Resource manager, CloudFormation).
- Monitor web infrastructure, respond to incidents, and resolve
issues and outages.
- Perform software upgrades (Sitecore, Sitefinity, etc.).
- Occasionally work outside of normal business hours, including
evenings and weekends, to respond to incidents and perform software
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Travel details (if
Some travel may be required
- Experience administering enterprise software development and
deployment processes, including CI/CD and version control.
- Experience administering enterprise websites hosted in IIS on
Windows and Linux servers, in the cloud (Azure, AWS) and
- Ability to design secure and robust server and network
- Experience integrating with SQL server, ETL processes, feeds,
and other data sources.
- Experience monitoring enterprise web applications,
troubleshooting, and responding to outages.
- Ability to work independently and develop own objectives, with
- Ability to play leadership role in designing and building new
systems, in addition to managing existing systems.
- Ability to develop software in .NET, C#, SQL, and
- Experience with scripting and Infrastructure-as-Code.
- Experience architecting and administering infrastructure for
Sitecore and Sitefinity websites.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
field, or relevant job experience.
- 5+ years DevOps Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience administering and architecting cloud
services (Azure, AWS).
- Extensive experience in website and web service
- Extensive experience with IIS and Windows administration.
Node.js, ajax, xml, json, SQL, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Github and New Relic administration.
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of
the Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. salary range for this
position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the
range based on various factors including but not limited to
experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity
or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or
necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Alterra
Mtn Co Shared Services Inc.’s total compensation package for
employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term
incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Denver area base salary range: $118,000 - $177,000 per year
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and operate a computer
and other office productivity machinery.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the workplace is
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all
functions and responsibilities that an employee may be required to
perform in this position. Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and
its affiliates reserve the right to modify, increase, decrease,
suspend, and or eliminate any of the essential duties and/or the
position in its entirety.
This job description is not an express or implied contract,
guarantee, promise, or covenant of employment for any set term or
duration, or for termination only for cause.
Employment with Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. or any
of its affiliates is “at will” meaning either party may terminate
the employment relationship at any time with or without cause and
with or without notice.
This position is located in Colorado, and the work is
primarily in Denver, CO and, as such, employment in this position
is subject to the labor and employment laws of the state of
Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates are
equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces. All
employees and candidates are reminded that Alterra Mtn Co Shared
Services Inc. and its affiliates adhere to all applicable labor and
employment laws, and State, County, and City-specific labor and
employment regulations, where applicable.
Keywords: Alterra Mountain Company (HQ), Denver , Senior DevOps Engineer, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!