Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and
At Allegion, we help keep the people you
know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With
more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold
in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and
Senior Software Engineer - Mobile Development
We are looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer who's
currently focused on mobile platforms - native iOS and android.
You’ll collaborate with internal teams to extend security
technology capabilities into mobile applications while working in a
dynamic, Agile development process. Ultimately, you should be able
to design and build upon the current iteration of our offerings
while crafting the next generation of IoT mobile applications,
SDKs, and APIs. Our job isn’t done when features launch - we
monitor feedback and generate ideas which ultimately improve our
products. We hold ourselves and teammates accountable and
collaborate to get the job done as a team.
What You Will Do
You bring sound software engineering fundamentals, a diverse level
of experience, and strong analytic and problem-solving abilities.
You research complex issues and develop sound solutions. You
demonstrate experience crafting high quality native mobile
applications using OO architecture and design. You own projects to
completion and are comfortable making the necessary difficult
decisions. You understand developing stellar products is a
continuous trade-off between building the right thing, and building
the thing right. Do you have a passion for writing clean, intuitive
code? Do you enjoy keeping up-to-date with new technologies? Can
you offer insights that help the team succeed? Are you excited to
exemplify a sense of software craftsmanship?
If this position sounds exciting please apply. Your specific
background is less meaningful than your engineering fundamentals
and a desire to learn, build, and grow within the IoT and mobile
software engineering space.
What You Need to Succeed:
- You have strong proficiency in Java and developing on the
Android platform (3+ years)
- Or a strong proficiency in OBJ-C, Swift and developing on
the iOS platform (3+ years)
- 5+ years of mobile application development experience
- A strong sense of software craftsmanship and a focus on
- Experience and understanding of software design
- Strong experience with mobile relational data stores
- Experience/comfortable with Agile/scrum development
processes and methodologies
- Good communication and written skills
- System level debugging skills
BONUS (NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT REQUIRED):
- Experience in both mobile platforms (iOS & android) or a
strong desire to work in both
- Experience with Kotlin, iOS/android mocking frameworks
- Experience with Azure DevOps, CI builds
- Techniques to achieve high quality user experience.
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering related - not required)
- Experience consuming REST APIs from mobile applications
- Experience developing with Bluetooth and/or BLE on mobile
- Experience with interfacing to hardware device and/or home
- Polyglot development (relational database design,
enterprise/web/API development, swift, Java, C#, IoT cloud)
Allegion is a Great Place to Grow your Career
- You're seeking a rewarding opportunity that allows you to truly
help others. With thousands of employees and customers around
the world, there’s plenty of room to make an impact. As our values
state, “this is your business, run with it”.
- You value personal well-being and balance, because we do
- You’re looking for a company that will invest in your
professional development. As we grow, we want you to grow
- You want a culture that promotes work-life balance. Our
employees enjoy generous paid time off, because at Allegion we
recognize that you have a full life outside of work!
What You’ll Get from Us:
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage, helping
you “be safe, be healthy”??
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- A commitment to your future with a 401K plan, which currently
offers a 6% company match and no vesting period?
- Health Savings Accounts – Tax-advantaged savings account used
for healthcare expenses
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Tax-advantaged spending accounts
for healthcare and/or dependent daycare expenses
- Disability Insurance –Short-Term and Long-Term coverage, paid
for by Allegion, provides income replacement for illness or
- Life Insurance – Term life coverage with the option to purchase
- Tuition Reimbursement??
- Voluntary Wellness Program – Simply complete wellness
activities and earn up to $2,000 in rewards
- Employee Discounts through Perks at Work?
- Community involvement and opportunities to give back so you
can “serve others, not
- Opportunities to leverage your unique strengths
through CliftonStrengths assessment & coaching?
Compensation: This range is provided by Allegion.
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and
- The expected Base Salary Range: $79,000 -
$146,900. The actual compensation will be determined based on
experience and other factors permitted by law.
As a company that’s constantly seeking and discovering new
frontiers, we’re looking for pioneers.?Join us!
Remote Location Colorado
We Celebrate Who We Are!
Allegion is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and
inclusive workplace. Together, we embrace all differences and
similarities among colleagues, as well as the differences and
similarities within the relationships that we foster with
customers, suppliers and the communities where we live and work.
Whatever your background, experience, race, color, national origin,
religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability status, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law, we will make sure that you have every opportunity
to impress us in your application and the opportunity to give your
best at work, not because we’re required to, but because it’s the
right thing to do. We are also committed to providing
accommodations for persons with disabilities. If for any reason you
cannot apply through our career site and require an accommodation
or assistance, please contact our Talent Acquisition
© Allegion plc, 2020 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road,
Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER
Allegion is an equal opportunity and affirmative action