Company: First Transit
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Why Work at First?
Excellent question! With over 800 locations across our
divisions, you will have exponential growth opportunity.
Furthermore, because safety is our number one priority, you will
work in a safe and positive work environment every day. Lastly, you
will receive a competitive benefits package that includes: 401k
with company match, paid time off, and a complete insurance plan
after 30 days of employment (health, dental, and
Responsibilities of a Staff Accountant
- Responsible for preparing monthly invoice to client, daily cash
reconciliations and payroll review/spot check.
- Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations
relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, and
- Prepares and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and
accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Analyzes trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and
obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Reports the company’s finances to management, offering
suggestions about resource utilization and assumptions underlying
- Prepares journal entries as needed.
- Conducts special projects as needed by client and company.
- Coordinates and communicates accounting matters with other
departments on site.
- Reconciles client invoices paid and other items/balances as
- Reports actuals and forecasts to region finance monthly.
- Responsible for complete monthly financial close for
- Responsible for creating the annual budget with the input of
the GM and supporting staff.
- Communicates variances to forecast, budget and prior year
What we would like you to possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Experience with MS Office products and accounting software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Apply today to join our team
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Transit, Denver , Staff Accountant, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!