Water Tapping Technician
Company: Core & Main
Posted on: October 13, 2021
The Water Tapping Technician performs water
tapping services on City water main lines with minimal shutdowns or
service interruptions. Other duties may involve providing support
at the branch site such as assisting warehouse staff and customers.
The position you are applying to requires operation of a Company
Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done
consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected
for this position, Core and Main will run a Motor Vehicle Record
***Pay Range $21.68-$27.12***
Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Provides on-site water tapping and line stop services,
including house service tapping and water main tapping, on client
work sites performing any of the following duties:
- Hot taps and conventional line stops
- Hot stops
- Super Hi-Stops®
- Double Line Stops
- Through the line valve stops
- Documents all water tapping services activity as required
- Maintains water tapping tools and equipment
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to
Core & Main/customer safety standards and practices and to legal
regulations, alerting others regarding
potential hazards or concern
- Identifies circumstances that necessitate the use of proper
safety procedures and equipment
- As needed, makes deliveries to customers which may include
loading and unloading inventory
- May assist warehouse staff with pulling and preparing orders
for shipment, as well as receiving, verifying, staging and stocking
all incoming material
- Performs routine inspections of vehicles and supplies to ensure
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for
traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Delivers merchandise to customers and contacts customers if
they are not present.
- Loads truck with daily merchandise to be delivered and
unloads merchandise for customers.
- Pulls orders to match manifests.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to resolve customer issues.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor
- Decides how to achieve planned results within an organization's
plans, policies, and guidelines. May set or change plans/goals
within respective department or area.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery,
loud noises, and fumes, which may cause
noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical
environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and
exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements,
including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator,
bending, or squat.
- Must be a
minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED, strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required and provided by company.
Generally 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- One year of commercial driving experience compliant with
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulations
- Candidates twenty-one years of age or older desired
- Current Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) issued by the
state in which the candidate resides with all the relevant
endorsements required for type of equipment
- Strong mechanical skills
- Customer service skills and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills
- Forklift certification preferred
- Experience with performing live water taps, valve insertions
and/or line stops helpful
- Experience with water tapping and line stopping contracting
services for pipelines ranging from 3/4 in to 16 in helpful
- Capabilities include installing tapping sleeves, tapping valves
& tapping machines on ductile iron & cast iron, PVC &
asbestos-cement pipes under pressure without interrupting water
service & removal of tapping machines
When support counts, count on us
wonder that our employees give everything they’ve got— constructive
support is motivational! We let you know that we value your
contributions through financial rewards and excellent benefits in
an environment of cooperation. Teammates from diverse personal
backgrounds feel welcomed, included, respected and appreciated for
the talents and unique perspectives they contribute. Opportunity is
waiting for all. The first step is now — when we appreciate the
fact that you’ve applied!
About Core & Main
is responsible for making sure our nation’s infrastructure has good
bones; we help channel water to keep you healthy and safe. From
waterworks to fire protection products, we deliver dependable
expertise to build strong relationships and strong
Core & Main is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based solely on
a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to
professional competence. Core & Main does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed,
color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age,
disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition
(including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard
to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by
None of the questions in this application
are intended to elicit information regarding any protected
characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or
discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected
For more information, please click here or visit https://www.eeoc.gov
Keywords: Core & Main, Denver , Water Tapping Technician, Other , Henderson, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!